*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803512-My-Own-National-Holiday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#803512 added January 16, 2014 at 1:54pm
Restrictions: None
My Own National Holiday
DAY 424: The January 16, 2014 Writing prompt "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum on National Do Nothing Day- Someone read my mind - is
If you had the opportunity to create your own day, what would it be? Would you have any special perks to make your day unusual or memorable?

First, I want to know "How do you do nothing?" I mean, even if you stay in bed all day, you have to get up and go to the bathroom or answer the door and if you don't do either of these things then you turn over periodically and turning over is doing something. If you ask your kids, "What are you doing?" and the answer you with "Nothing!" then you know you have to go see what they are doing. Human beings or any other animal was created or evolved (depending on your opinion) to "Do Nothing!"

National Screw Up Day

I think we need a National Screw Up Day, when everyone in the world is allowed to screw up without worrying about the ramifications or shoulding on themselves. If a person screw up on this day, then the supervisor pats the person on the back, says "Nice screw up." and lets the person go on to the next project. At the end of the day, the person who makes the most screw ups gets a trophy.



Eventually, the screw ups have to be dealt with, but that can be done the next day or the next week depending on whether National Screw Up Day falls on a Friday, which is always National Procrastination Day. Fridays become National Procrastination Days because everybody put off on Friday everything doesn't have to be finished until Monday or Tuesday. If anyone is unsure how to screw up or procrastinate then he or she should take a look at congress because that body seems to be expert in both screwing up and procrastinating at any time of the day, week, month, or year.

Food for Thought: "Well, I screwed it up real good, didn't I?" - Richard M. Nixon

© Copyright 2014 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803512-My-Own-National-Holiday