*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803947-5-Riddles-of-Abandon
Rated: E · Book · Contest · #1915339
30 Day Image Prompt Contest: 30 days, 60 image prompts and 227K worth of prizes!
#803947 added January 20, 2014 at 1:34pm
Restrictions: None
5: Riddles of Abandon
Girl and boy walk into an abandon building. All of a sudden they come upon a purple well lit wall, very out of place. A hologram figure appears and blocks their path back out. It says: "You can leave if you answer the following correctly."

"I will describe 3 different abandoned structures. Guess what they are."

1. Here, much was learned and much was gained. Clicks were formed, "pubescence" was named. Though more than babies but less than full grown, the occupants of my building are very well known. In every city and every town, several of me are all around. What am I?

2. The shrill of maniacal laughter, the sound of a cerebral drill. This was the constant soundtrack of my building, up on the hill. Illnesses sometimes got better, if not you would remain here. Meds to keep you from noticing the real strangeness of the staff. Dark secrets were part of the business; ignorance, a PhD could readily disguise. Master magicians they were of making you disbelieve what you'd see with your own eyes. What am I?

3. Everyone wants to put on a show, dazzle the audience, make them glow. Bigger than life, yet conservative in size, stories are told here by those in disguise. What am I?

Answers
© Copyright 2014 A*Monaing*Faith (UN: afaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A*Monaing*Faith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803947-5-Riddles-of-Abandon