*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803980-Day-6---Caught
by OOT™
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1972196
Stories for my second go round of 30 Day Image Prompt Contest
#803980 added January 20, 2014 at 6:13pm
Restrictions: None
Day 6 - Caught!
Who has ever heard of a camera that resembles a flip-flop? Well, I hadn't, but now I think of little else. That damn camera destroyed my life, or at least my marriage and friendship. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I wanted to tell you about that stupid camera so that you'll think twice before you do something like I did.

Jeremy was my best friend's husband. I didn't even really like him, but, man, he was good looking! I hadn't even really noticed before that day. After all, he was my best friend's husband. Wait, we've already established that. I was going to tell you about the camera. And how it ruined my life.

I had just found out that I didn't get the receptionist job that I applied for. Looking back, I didn't even really want the job, but, at the time, it was a blow to my ego. My husband was working as was my best friend, Carrie. Carrie is Jeremy's wife if you haven't already figured it out. Anyway, I decided to go to the beach to collect my thoughts. The beach was rather deserted, but Jeremy was there. And, man, he looked good!

What happened next is really just a blur. I was sad. I sat down. Jeremy sat next to me. And one thing led to another. We soon found ourselves in a passionate embrace. And the worst thing? I saw the flip-flop. But it's not so strange to see an abandoned flip-flop on the beach, is it? I didn't think so, at least until Carrie confronted me. She pulled a little USB cord from the darn flip-flop and attached it to her computer. And there we were! I'm actually quite a bit heavier than I thought. You should have seen those thunder thighs. It's no wonder I didn't get the job.

Well, to make a long story short, Carrie hasn't spoken to me since, but she did speak to my husband who promptly filed for divorce. I don't know what's going on with Jeremy. I'm afraid to go near him. Carrie likely has cameras all around him.

Okay, enough of this moping. I'm heading to the gym. I have to do something about these thighs!
© Copyright 2014 OOT™ (UN: outoftouch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
OOT™ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803980-Day-6---Caught