*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804136-Painting-the-bathroom
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#804136 added January 21, 2014 at 11:30pm
Restrictions: None
Painting the bathroom
Since my hubby is home right now, we decided to take some time and do a few home improvement projects – inexpensive ones. Ha!

We decided the first thing we were going to undertake was going to be painting the hallway bathroom. It needs FAR more than a paint job, but not being in a position to renovate, I thought we might perk it up a bit, buying us another year or so before we really need to get serious about remodeling. Well, our little paint job turned into something bigger. The cabinets (original to the 1970 house) are warped and don’t close properly. What should we do? Probably we’re going to get some boards cut to size (the original cabinet faces being little more than cut boards – very cheaply made products). I’d painted them with a coat of primer when we moved in 3 years ago, with the intention of then painting them a fun color, but that never happened.

So we picked FUN colors! Lilac for the cabinets, and a light green for the walls. *Delight* I figure we’ll only have it for a year or so, but it’ll be cheerful.

Next came the mirror. The entire wall over the double sink was a HUGE, UGLY mirror. Pulling it down, we managed to break off a piece. And then spent the next hour debating whether to break the rest of it into pieces, in order to get it out of the darn room! That’s what we ended up doing. Oy! Huge shards of mirror glass. Once we got the mirror off the wall, we saw what was underneath. *gag* Visions of Barton Fink, with the oozing, drippy walls. Yeah, we scrubbed that clean.

While hubby was working on shattering the mirror, I was painting the frames of 2 new hanging mirrors, using the lilac paint we bought for the cabinets.

Then hubby decided . . . what would happen if I tried to take the shower doors off? Hey, look at that! They’re barely hanging on! And the frame, too! So off came the shower doors and frame, and hubby is diligently scraping away at the glue that was holding it (barely) in place. The shower is going to look SO much better! *Delight* AND I’ll be able to actually get into it to clean properly (the door only slid in 1 direction, making it impossible to access the back of the shower without climbing in).

So while he was scraping away, I ran off to look for a shower curtain and rod. Found a rod and liner, but no pretty shower curtain that would match the colors we chose. Oh well! There’s always Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

Meanwhile, the only actual painting that’s gotten done is the mirror frames!

© Copyright 2014 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804136-Painting-the-bathroom