*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804221-Day-8---The-Lighthouse
by OOT™
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1972196
Stories for my second go round of 30 Day Image Prompt Contest
#804221 added January 22, 2014 at 8:14pm
Restrictions: None
Day 8 - The Lighthouse
When Danny wanted to escape from his family and the harsh realities of life, he went to the lighthouse. He could spend hours there, just thinking and relaxing, and he always felt better afterward. It was his place, a place that he could be himself and not have to worry about trying to impress others. After all, that seemed to take up the majority of his time since he turned sixteen. After a particularly difficult day, consisting of a failed pop quiz, a fight with his little sister and a lecture from his mother as a result of said fight, Danny couldn't wait to get to the sanctity of the lighthouse.

He knew something was different when he first opened the door. Instead of the musty smell that usually greeted him, the air had a flowery smell. Danny didn't have to wait long to find the source of the smell. A girl was sitting in a chair in the middle of the room. His chair. The frightened girl jumped up and backed quickly away.

"What are you doing here?" Danny demanded as he walked closer to her.

"I...I just moved into town," she stammered. "I thought this place looked cool, so I wandered inside. When I saw the chair, I couldn't resist. I guess I must have lost track of time." She looked at her watch in puzzlement as she spoke.

So, that's why he didn't recognize her. As she spoke, his anger had dissipated, and awe had taken it's place. Standing before him was, by far, the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. She looked somewhat surreal with her milky complexion, brilliant blue eyes and shiny blonde hair. Danny was trying not to stare at her full, luscious lips, but he was failing miserably.

"It's ok," he finally managed to croak out. "I'm Danny, by the way."

"I'm Melanie," she replied, looking more at ease. She held out her hand, and Danny took it, finally realizing what people meant when they referred to skin as 'baby soft'. Realizing that he had been holding her hand far too long, he released it as he felt a blush crawl up his cheeks.

And that was how it started. Pretty soon, Danny and Melanie were spending all their time together, and the lighthouse was always at the center of their activities. Three years later, they were married outside that same lighthouse. Now, they're ready to take their four-year-old son to the place his parents met. After all, they won't have as much time two months from now when his sister is born.

© Copyright 2014 OOT™ (UN: outoftouch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
OOT™ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804221-Day-8---The-Lighthouse