*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804370-Republicans-have-no-war-on-women
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#804370 added January 23, 2014 at 10:54pm
Restrictions: None
Republicans have no war on women
I get soooooooooooooooooo angry at Democrats who claim that Republicans have a war on woman. Bologna butts! Republicans want everyone to succeed - no matter one's color or gender. The party started so that slaves could be free. (Remember, Democrats started the KKK.) They tried to get civil rights laws passed for a hundred years before it actually happened, and if you look at the voting records, Democrats didn't like those civil rights laws, even when they finally did pass.

If you look at Wikipedia or any leftist web site, they'll insist that Democrats were the originators of anything having to do with women getting the vote, but that's just not true at all. The early women’s rights movement was solidly Republican. Susan B. Anthony and most suffragists favored the GOP. The 19th Amendment was written by a Republican got greater support from Republicans than from Democrats.

Anyway, all of that being said, Mike Huckabee had some great things to say about this supposed Republican war on women. Here's part of what he said:

“It’s time for Republicans to no longer accept listening to Democrats talk about a war on women," Huckabee said in a section of his speech worth quoting at length. "Because the fact is, the Republicans don’t have a war on women. They have a war for women. For them to be empowered; to be something other than victims of their gender.

"Women I know are outraged that Democrats think that women are nothing more than helpless and hopeless creatures whose only goal in life is to have a government provide for them birth control medication," he continued. "Women I know are smart, educated, intelligent, capable of doing anything anyone else can do. Our party stands for the recognition of the equality of women and the capacity of women. That’s not a war on them, it’s a war for them.

"And if the Democrats want to insult the women of America by making them believe that they are helpless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing for them a prescription each month for birth control because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government, then so be it," he said. "Let’s take that discussion all across America because women are far more than Democrats have made them to be. And women across America have to stand up and say, 'Enough of that nonsense.'”


http://news.yahoo.com/mike-huckabee-wants-republicans-to-fight-back-on--war-on-w...

Huck is absolutely right. It's high time that Republicans fought back on this one. It IS insulting that Democrats reduce women to reproductive machines incapable of neither quelling their urges nor of going to the pharmacy to take care of their own business without government assistance. It's time that Republicans pointed out how the war on women is actually being fought by Democrats, who think women are incapable beings.





© Copyright 2014 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804370-Republicans-have-no-war-on-women