*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804877
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1967120
A story set in the 1960s about a young witch willing to sacrifice for her true love.
#804877 added January 27, 2014 at 11:33pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 8: A New Start
I woke up feeling strangely energized, like I've just taken a long nap and all that’s happened was just a dream. I opened my eyes and the first thing I took in was a plain white ceiling. Am I back at Carter's? I sat up, "You're awake. I was getting so worried."


It was the stranger I saw just before the darkness had taken over. I looked around, I was in a room of a two-story house. "Where am I?"


The stranger, who's been standing by the door with his arms crossed answered, "You're in my home. I'm Adam and I brought you back here so you can heal." I looked out the window worriedly, afraid the witches would come busting down the door to get me. He seemed to know what I was thinking and chuckled, "You don't have to worry about those witches coming to find you.  This place is heavily guarded by magic. Even witches like yourself won't feel the power surrounding this place."


I blinked in surprised, "How-how do you know what I am? Are you a wizard?"


He laughed, "No, I'm not. I'm just one of those who had been banished by their family because of the difference in believes. I assume your story's similar and that's why the leader of your coven hunted you down in the woods. Am I correct, uh?"


"Lilianna." I automatically filled in.


"Lilianna, is that your real name?" I nodded but he shook his head. "No, Lilianna, I'm afraid you need to change your name if you were to stay hidden."


I shook my head, “But I’m not planning on stay hidden, I need to go back to Carter.” I got out of bed but before I could get out of the room, he was right in front of me, blocking me.  I stepped back and eyes widened, “What are you?”


He gave a tiny smile, “You know what I am, don’t you?”


I shook my head in disbelief, “No, no, your kind don’t exist. If your kind exists, then I’m in danger.  I’ve got to get out of here.” I ran past him and out the room.  Adam didn’t even make an effort to stop me even though he’d be in front of me in seconds. 


I yanked the front door opened and stepped into the bright sun.  The gate was about 1000 feet away.  I was about half-way to my finish line when I heard something, someone talking.  I immediately froze.  Now was the chance to see if what Adam said was true of whether this house is really guarded by magic. 


It was a few seconds later that the twin brother and sister, Brandon and Celeste, walked up the dirt path.  They were whispering, “Where do you think Mary Jane is?” Celeste whispering, “She’s been gone two days.  She just went to hunt down Lilianna, that’s all.  I mean, how hard is it to kill that human traitor?”


It was working, they walked right past me without even noticing.  “Glad this place is protected now?” Adam came up behind me.


“What did you do with Mary Jane?”


He scoffed, “What do you care? It’s not like you give a damn, she was trying to kill you and she was killing you up until I showed up.”


I turned around and raised my brows, “So, does that mean you killed her?”


He winked, “What do you think?”


“I guess I will need protection for a little while but you need to promise me that while I’m here, you cannot kill anybody.  Is that a deal?” I extended my hand.


“What about your name? You need to change it to stay hidden.”


I scratched my head and shrugged, “Fine, call me Tatianna Parker from now on.”


“Tatianna Parker, fine, you have a deal.  I will not kill anyone or anything while you’re under my protection.” He shook my hand with surprisingly little strength. “So, Tatianna Parker, how did you come up with that?”


“Well, Tatianna is my sister’s middle name and Parker is mine. So if I had to change my name, then you must have had to change yours.  What’s your real name?”


“I was Caesar Ladaman.  I, like you have suffered tragedy and misery after my family and town banished me, I was forced to search for a new life in a new world.  Trust me, I never wanted this.  I was just too young and naïve to understand the danger of the town I was living in and one night, I found out and suffered the consequence for it.”


“It’s nice to meet you, Adam.” I was starting to feel something for this guy that I couldn’t relate when I was with Carter.  Even though this guy is a vampire, he’s exactly like me.  Being evicted by family and everyone I know, we’re the same in many ways.  Thinking of Carter, I was beginning to worry about him, have the coven caught up with him yet?


“There is just one more thing, I’m engaged to this guy, Carter, and I think he may be in trouble.  You see, I casted this spell on him that if I was ever in trouble and had to leave him, he’s to move, change his name, and forget me completely.  I’m sure it hasn’t work since I was so weak at the time.  The thing is, I’m afraid that the coven might have gotten to him.” I took a moment to catch my breath. “Can you please go find him and bring him to me?”


“Can you tell me where he is or what he looks like?” I nodded and led him back up to my room and went to my bag of belongings where I pulled out a pictures I kept of Carter. 


“It is not the best of qualities but it will have to do.” I handed the picture to Adam and he nodded.


“I will find him no matter what it takes and however long it’ll take, I will bring him back to you.  I promise.” Then he was gone.


© Copyright 2014 Y. Zheng (UN: yzheng at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Y. Zheng has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804877