*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805198-Day-16---Disco-Fever
by OOT™
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1972196
Stories for my second go round of 30 Day Image Prompt Contest
#805198 added January 30, 2014 at 8:01pm
Restrictions: None
Day 16 - Disco Fever
Stella and I had the perfect relationship except for one minor detail - her obsession with disco music. Now, don't get me wrong, I like a good tune just as much as the next guy, and I have nothing against the music of the 1970's. But Stella carried it a bit too far. OK, she carried it way too far.

I woke up to disco music, I came home to disco music, I heard disco music in the car. We made love to disco music, that is, we did when I could actually get aroused. I mean, it's not that easy grinding to the beat of "Low Rider". Finally, I'd had enough.

"Honey, why don't we listen to something different tonight?" I asked in a voice much calmer than I felt.

"But, Ron, you know that this music relaxes me. It's all I want to hear." Did she even care that it was slowly driving me insane? I decided to try a different approach.

"How about we devote one room in the house to disco? In that room, you can play disco music all day, every day. But, everywhere else, it's off limits." I waited on pins and needles as she considered my offer. After what seemed like half an hour, she finally replied.

"My very own disco room? Decorated any way I want?" she asked, he face aglow with excitement.

At that point, I would have agreed to just about anything to fall asleep one night to something other than "It's Raining Men". "Yes, dear. Any way you want," I told my elated wife. That was rather easy.

As she bustled about making plans, "I Will Survive" began playing. Yes, I will, I thought to myself. Yes, I will.

The next day at work flew by. Stella called a few times, once to brag about a John Travolta poster she bought for her new disco room and another time to tell me that she was finished with her room and couldn't wait for me to see it. Some of her excitement rubbed off on me, and I was actually looking forward to seeing what she had come up with. And I was looking even more forward to getting a good night's sleep in a quiet room.

When I arrived home, I threw open the door, intending to surprise Stella. But I was the one surprised to find the world's biggest disco ball in what used to be my living room. There wasn't even enough room for me to walk under it! Before I could recover from my shock, Stella sauntered in wearing bell bottoms and platform shoes. Finally, I noticed the music. "Love Train". Playing all through the house. It was then that I turned around and walked out. I haven't been back since.
© Copyright 2014 OOT™ (UN: outoftouch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
OOT™ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805198-Day-16---Disco-Fever