*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805409-Day-18---Lucky-Joe
by OOT™
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1972196
Stories for my second go round of 30 Day Image Prompt Contest
#805409 added February 1, 2014 at 5:08pm
Restrictions: None
Day 18 - Lucky Joe
The air was alive with excitement as the band took the stage. Joe couldn't believe his luck; he had dreamed of this moment since childhood. This was his chance to make those dreams come true.

Joe walked to the microphone amidst thundering applause. What other twenty-nine year old stockbroker could say that he had gone from Wall Street to Easy Street almost overnight? Yet, that was exactly what happened to him. He had been singing quietly to himself at his desk when he was approached by a talent scout. One week later, here he was on stage. Joe couldn't believe his luck!

Just as Joe began belting out his first tune, several officers broke through the crowd and started up to the stage. He knew he shouldn't have let the talent scout choose his band members! He was stunned into silence, along with the rest of the arena, as the officers approached him.

"Joe Kenna, you are under arrest for insider trading..."

Joe didn't hear the rest of the officer's words as the image he had anticipated as tomorrow's headlines was replaced to one with him in handcuffs. Joe couldn't believe his luck!
© Copyright 2014 OOT™ (UN: outoftouch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
OOT™ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805409-Day-18---Lucky-Joe