*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806126-Day-23---Young-Love
by OOT™
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1972196
Stories for my second go round of 30 Day Image Prompt Contest
#806126 added February 6, 2014 at 8:32pm
Restrictions: None
Day 23 - Young Love
Jason could hardly wait to present his crush, Lauren, with the rose and love poem he had written for her. She was the picture of perfection with her creamy complexion, her big brown eyes, and her silky hair. Even though Jason was two years her junior, she had noticed him! Better yet, she had invited him to her favorite spot in the woods.

Everything was perfect. He was sitting beside the woman of his dreams, a swan was swimming in the water nearby, and the sun was just beginning to set. Even his upcoming Algebra test was of no concern. All that mattered was the here and now.

Lauren leaned toward him, and he could smell the intoxicating scent of her perfume. Jason's heart skipped a beat when he thought she was going to kiss him, but, instead, she moved closer to whisper in his ear.

"Jason..."

The sound of her voice was the sweetest melody.

"...I was wondering if you could talk to Greg for me. I really like him..."

Jason's heart fell to his feet, and he couldn't stand to listen any longer. Has Lauren really lured him there to confess her love for his big brother? All thoughts of romance were destroyed as Jason wondered just how much damage the thorns from the rose could do to her milky skin.
© Copyright 2014 OOT™ (UN: outoftouch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
OOT™ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806126-Day-23---Young-Love