*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806146
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#806146 added November 12, 2022 at 2:26pm
Restrictions: None
Without Valentines Day, February Would Be Well January
Prompt: Without Valentines Day, February would be well.....January. Write a short story or poem about this.

Crystal had been married fifteen years to a wonderful man named Julian. He would always there for her in times of a crisis and bought her nice Christmas gifts and Birthday gifts. They had two children who weren't in high school, yet and she always got Mother's Day gifts from them. Valentines Day. Julian was lousy about Valentines Day but Crystal let it go, He always remembered their Wedding Anniversary. She always made a special dinner for Valentines Day. She felt this was the day women remembered men.

January was a cold month and it snowed every three days and it was so cold. She had missed four days of work and Julian took her to work most of the time. He kept the driveway clear. Now, it was February. Just like January. They lived in Indiana by the woods with a valley below the woods. The snow made it look so beautiful in the winter time but winter wasn't beautiful. All kind of ads came in the mail about Valentines Day. Crystal didn't even pick anything out. February was just like January.

Her cat Sabrina was an indoor cat and when Crystal went outside to get the mail, Sabrina had gotten out. Crystal panicked and ran after her. Sabrina headed towards the woods and so did Crystal. Crystal fell in the valley by a frozen swamp. She heard her ankle crack. She started to cry. The kids were on a skiing trip and Julian wouldn't be home for two hours. She couldn't move. What was she going to do?

The electricity was off at the plant where Julian worked and the workers got to go home. Julian made it home ten minutes later. Crystal was so cold. It was zero out. Julian pulled his truck in the drive way and saw Sabrina. Why was she outside? Julian got Sabrina inside and saw Crystal's car inside the garage but she wasn't in the house. He didn't like this. He went outside behind the house and heard someone crying and yelling for help. Crystal! Julian got his neighbor Larry to help him get Crystal up the hill.

"Sabrina ran away. She's gone."

"No, she isn't. She was by the house when I come home. Were you running after Sabrina?"

"Yes, I fell. My ankle is broke."

"I called 911. The ambulance will be here. I love you." Julian hugged Crystal and the ambulance showed up. Crystal's ankle was broke. She would be off work for six weeks and on crutches for two weeks.

Two weeks later, Crystal was off crutches and walking on her own on Valentines Day. Julian came home that day and he bought Crystal a big brown Teddy Bear and a Pandora bracelet with hearts, pink and red beads. It snowed all through February but Crystal didn't care. Julian remembered her this Valentines Day. The day of love.

499 Words
** Image ID #1918631 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2022 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806146