*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806451-Day-26---Be-Careful-What-You-Wish-For
by OOT™
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1972196
Stories for my second go round of 30 Day Image Prompt Contest
#806451 added December 23, 2018 at 4:34pm
Restrictions: None
Day 26 - Be Careful What You Wish For
To say that Katie was miserable on her diet was an understatement. She had always been able to eat anything she wanted; that is, until she turned thirty. It had been only three months since her thirtieth birthday, and she had already gained thirty pounds! Realizing that she couldn't allow herself to continue to gain ten pounds per month, Katie went on a diet. She cut out all sweets, replacing the sugar and chocolate with fruits and vegetables. Two weeks later, the lack of her usual diet staples was catching up with her.

It seemed like everything was working against Katie. She turned on the television only to be tempted by an advertisement for milkshakes, complete with whipped cream and a luscious cherry on top. She turned the channel only to see yellow and red peanut M&Ms waltzing across her screen. Frustrated, she turned the television off and grabbed a newspaper instead. The first thing she spotted was an ad on the back for 20% off Valentine's Day chocolates. She tossed the paper across the room and started sipping her bottle of water, trying in vain to pretend it was a Mountain Dew.

This is ridiculous, she thought. I'd much rather have sweets than water.

Katie suddenly had a very weird feeling, but it was gone as quickly as it came. She decided to take a shower to try to get her mind off her diet.

When she got to the bathroom, Katie picked up her toothbrush, hoping the taste of the toothpaste would temporarily curb her craving for sweets. She turned on the faucet, but, to her astonishment, instead of water, gummy bears started pouring into the sink! Unable to control herself any longer, she grabbed handfuls of the sweet treat and poured them into her mouth. After all, she figured, that had to be a sign. She turned the faucet off and headed for the shower.

Katie turned on the showerhead, and her nostrils were immediately assaulted by the sweet smell of chocolate. Instead of water, pools of chocolate were streaming into the tub. Katie jumped in, mouth wide open, and stood there for ten full minutes, letting the chocolate run straight into her mouth.

Katie exited the shower and looked down at herself in disgust. She was a mess, covered in the sticky chocolate! She was also nauseous, and she leaned over the toilet just in time to get rid of most of the chocolate and gummy bears she had just eaten. She flushed, and jumped back, startled by the commotion. Instead of water, the toilet was filling up with jawbreakers! Not knowing what else to do, Katie slumped to the bathroom floor and bawled. She didn't notice that, instead of tears, grape Kool-Aid was streaming down her face.
© Copyright 2018 OOT™ (UN: outoftouch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
OOT™ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806451-Day-26---Be-Careful-What-You-Wish-For