*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806554-A-Brighter-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1799901
Come sit with me on the porch. We'll sip lemonade and talk. . .
#806554 added February 10, 2014 at 2:23pm
Restrictions: None
A Brighter Day
As a result of my change of attitude mentioned in the previous blog, I decided to make a list for my husband to help him through the day. I bought a white board (the kind you write on with a dry erase marker) and wrote down his daily schedule. At the top I put the day of the week and the day of the month so he won't be confused about what day it is.

Next I started the list with taking his meds and getting a shower. Unfortunately, I have had to remind him to get a daily shower since his illness 18 months ago. I went on to list a few small chores for him, a morning and afternoon walk, and bedtime meds. I explained to him that I wanted him to be healthier and happier and that I thought this list would help him. He was actually very positive about it and saw it as an act of love on my part.

He decided today to write the time each task was completed out beside it so he wouldn't forget whether or not he had done it. This was a great surprise for me, and I really bragged on him for thinking of it.

I feel so good about that white board. I hope it makes a difference in his day and in his mood. He needs a little joy in his life. He needs to feel worthwhile and needed. This way, he will have a few manageable tasks without feeling overwhelmed by everything he thinks he should be doing. He always feels so defeated because he puts too much pressure on himself.

I'm hopeful that I'll see a brighter look on my husband's face, a more cheerful outlook on life, and an improvement in his mobility. I'll keep you posted on these things. If any of you have loved ones who need your help to get through the regular routines of the day, maybe this blog will encourage you and let you know you're not alone.


© Copyright 2014 Pat ~ Rejoice always! (UN: mimi1214 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pat ~ Rejoice always! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806554-A-Brighter-Day