*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806608-Day-27---Rons-Catastrophe
by OOT™
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1972196
Stories for my second go round of 30 Day Image Prompt Contest
#806608 added February 10, 2014 at 7:40pm
Restrictions: None
Day 27 - Ron's Catastrophe
Most of his co-workers thought Ron was a suck-up. That's probably because Ron was a suck-up. If his boss needed something, he was the first to fetch it. If the boss needed someone to work overtime, Ron was there. When the boss wanted someone to send his wife roses, Ron was already dialing the phone. It wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't so blatantly obvious. And, even worse, sucking up was the only thing Ron was good at. It was the only way he kept his job.

On a particularly cold and icy winter morning, the boss decided that he just had to have a cup of coffee. But not just any old cup of coffee would do. It had to be from Dunkin' Donuts, over three blocks away. Of course, Ron volunteered.

"You're such a faithful employee," the boss beamed at Ron before shooting the other employees a look of disgust. Ron headed out the door with a smirk on his face.

The trip to get the coffee was uneventful, but on his way back with the coffee, Ron slipped on a patch of ice and fell. To his chagrin, he discovered he couldn't move his leg. There was nobody else on the street; they were all likely warm and cozy indoors.

Ron laid there for hours before finally seeing someone. It was his boss!

"Thank God!" Ron said as relief washed over him. "I was afraid I'd die of frostbite."

"So that's what happened to my coffee!" His boss picked up the empty cup without even glancing at Ron. "Now, I'll have to get it myself." He walked on as though he didn't even see Ron.

The moral of this story? Suck-ups should wear shoes with cleats. *Pthb*
© Copyright 2014 OOT™ (UN: outoftouch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
OOT™ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806608-Day-27---Rons-Catastrophe