*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806618-This-ones-about-where-to-eat
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1939270
A third attempt at this blogging business.
#806618 added February 12, 2014 at 7:44pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about where to eat.
MOB-RELATED ACTIVITY:

February 2014 Blog Mob - Join or ...


What's up everyone? Hopefully we're all relaxed from the weekend...it's certainly been eventful with the blognapping of a particular monkey and the Blog Mob's involvement. I'm looking forward to seeing where he turns up and what kind of trouble he gets into hearing about all the fun he has.

Speaking of the Blog Mob, the bOSS (with an uncapital B) was around for a little bit this afternoon, and he's aware Andre's gotten loose. Hard to tell whether he's genuinely concerned or mildly relieved. I'm going with neither. *Laugh*

BCF PROMPT: "Imagine you're opening your own writing-themed restaurant. Name it and provide a list of signature dishes. Be creative!"

Buried deep on the list of things I'd like to do in my life is to one day open up a simple little sandwich shop. I've always liked making and eating creative sandwiches...why not share that concept with others in a friendly setting, with some coffee, pastries, and music?

I'd name it after myself (Norb's) because I'd be too hesitant to want to turn it into some silly pun or make it really corny-sounding. It'd basically be a make-your-own-sandwich kinda place, with an assortment of meats, cheeses, breads and condiments, served alongside soups and salads. With a dill pickle...all great sandwich shops offer a dill pickle.

A small sampling of the menu would look like this:

The Sam-I-Am: A fried green egg with a thick slice of ham on French bread.

The Turkish Gambit: Roast turkey breast, bacon and Munster cheese with Russian dressing served warm on an oversized, toasted English muffin.

The Fivesixer: Chopped up slices of ham and bologna, fried with green peppers, onions, Swiss and American cheeses, with mayonnaise and horseradish mustard on a seeded, toasted Kaiser roll.

There would be more of course, but I'm low on patience lately and typing any of this up so far hasn't exactly turned me any profits this evening.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

** Image ID #1970900 Unavailable **


I very nearly posted a Tragically Hip song that I've shared at least 257 times before, but I'm gonna switch it up because so many of their songs are interchangeable in that they don't suck. Plus, you can't be from Buffalo and not know who they are. I've only shared this one around 118 times, but it's the first song of theirs I became familiar with. I'm still amazed that they played this on Saturday Night Live around twenty years ago, or at Woodstock 15 years ago. "Grace, Too" (album: Day For Night {link:http://www.amazon.com/Day-Night-Tragically-Hip/dp/B000024FY4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392085253&sr=8-1&keywords=the+tragically+hip+day+for+night}; lyrics: http://www.thehip.com/albums/index.html?CheckIT=5_44&SongID=44&AlbumID=5&LyricID...) will probably always be my "go-to" T-Hip song, and is probably the one song of theirs you've heard of if you've barely even heard of them. (And if you have nine minutes to waste, watch this later: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8CvMDkwqfQ).



THE DAILY BOX SCORE:

*Eat* This may be the most ridiculously comprehensive food website (non-pictures division) I've ever seen, if not known to man: http://www.foodtimeline.org/foodsandwiches.html#club.

*Thought* And then there's this, which begs to ask "Why can't all logos be so awesome?": http://www.sporcle.com/divertopia/brands-and-honest-slogans/.

And that's it for tonight folks...my laptop's doing weird things like not showing words and symbols when I type them, and I'm just frustrated in general today, so I should probably just post up before I decide to wear this bit of electronics like a hat or something. Peace, I come from downtown, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806618-This-ones-about-where-to-eat