*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807593-This-ones-about-humoring
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1939270
A third attempt at this blogging business.
#807593 added February 19, 2014 at 4:24pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about humoring.
MOB-RELATED ACTIVITY:

February 2014 Blog Mob - Join or ...


What's up, fancy people of WDC? Not gonna lie...I started this entry around 6am, took a nap, and it was gone. Love that "forced refresh" feeling. Glad I didn't have anything groundbreaking to say this morning.

I'm feeling a bit better after my tumble yesterday...at least I can stand and walk. When you live in a building full of people you don't like, and your only interaction with them consists of "You ok, bro?" after falling over yourself because the five steps to the bathroom are too much on a compromised shit-kicker (because is there ever a more opportune time to poop?), resting is a comely cure-all. Glad I don't have to go anywhere 'til Friday.

Your boy Andre The Blog Monkey has had a bit of a better go-'round this month...I'm anxious to see how well-behaved he's been as we enter the home stretch in this unofficial month of the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS Blog Mob extravaganza. The bOSS (with an uncapital B), Brother Nature , has to be pleased with the turn of Andre's fortunes. At least I think he'd be pleased...I'll just keep tagging Joel in my entries until I hear otherwise. *Smirk*

BCF PROMPT: "Mark Twain says 'Humor is mankind's greatest blessing.' Do you agree or disagree? What's the last humorous thing you can think of that made you feel wicked good?"

I've often found that humor can be a fickle thing...I understand that what turns my fancy may register as insignificant to others. That's ok. I don't laugh as much as I should in obvious situations given my taste in comedy, but I do laugh at more stuff; call it a case of quantity over quality, I suppose. But I'm not here to debate that today.

I don't have much to add to that. *Laugh*

I guess I can find humor in wiping out yesterday at a street corner in front of traffic, since I wasn't seriously hurt. Uncomfortable? On many levels. But if I can't laugh about it now, what purpose did it serve? I didn't end up in a hospital, and outside of a few panicked emails, nobody's the wiser. Hug up a little tighter on your functioning, wigglin' limbs, y'all...'cuz it sucks when you can't feel them.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

** Image ID #1970900 Unavailable **


What kind of list would I be curating for myself if didn't include Public Enemy? I feel like I grew up in a golden era of music, and hip-hop was my punk rock. It was rebellion in an accessible form for my generation, but I knew if I was making a choice to stand out from the mainstream, I had to be smart about it. I veered toward socially conscious rhymes over sonically challenging beats...I didn't want commodity; I wanted substance. If I was gonna upset people with my choice of music, it had to have heart and a solid meaning in its message.

That's why it chaps my ass when people disrespect rap, and I take it personally because that's the music I raised myself on. You can't tell me what The Bomb Squad did with beats and samples isn't "real music"...you have to be a genius to architecturally structure music that makes you think as much as it moves you on a cultural level.

While it doesn't have the same impact as "Fear Of A Black Planet" or "It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back", "Muse Sick-N-Hour Mess Age" ({link:http://www.amazon.com/Muse-Sick-N-Hour-Mess-Public-Enemy/dp/B0000024IB/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392841268&sr=8-1&keywords=public+enemy+muse+sick-n-hour+mess+age}) still manages to challenge listeners by sending a message that it's not ok to accept what's being sold to you, whether it's clothes or food/beverages or music...you have a right to seek out alternatives to everything being pushed at you commercially, even if it's not the popular course of action. And I could've picked a handful of more influential PE songs that relate to who I am, but "Give It Up" (lyrics: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/publicenemy/giveitup.html) best articulates the points I just made.



THE DAILY BOX SCORE:

*Football* So this happened this morning:

Awesome new Twitter follower.


It's a pretty great day for humor when the parody account for an athlete with a legendary background, who also balls for your hometown team, wants to follow you on Twitter.

*Headphones* I should've shared this yesterday as part of the "comfort food" prompt, because it's pretty impressive that a chef could/would do such a thing...http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/radioheads-kid-a-and-10-barmy-menus-for-other.... One more browser tab I can close.

Well, I think I'm done for today. If you've made it this far into this entry, thanks for humoring me...and if you don't mind, I have another nap to attend to. Peace, nuffattackin', brain's a-rackin', clock tockin', Chuck shockin', Flavor Flav ain't never shavin', and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807593-This-ones-about-humoring