*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/808973
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#808973 added August 8, 2018 at 1:50pm
Restrictions: None
Caroline Bingley
Caroline Bingley didn't know The Earl Shane McJordan all that long. They had been seeing each other for a few months. Now, she found out that she was expecting a baby. Shane's baby. That she wasn't sure of. There was the Navy soldier and it was a one time thing. She wouldn't tell Shane about him. He could never know. Caroline paced around in her fancy green dress. If it wasn't for Elizabeth Bennett, she would have been married to Darcy. She still hated Elizabeth. This was her chance at marriage and she hoped the Earl would believe her.

The Earl Shane McJordan arrived at the Bingley's door. Caroline had wanted to see him. Beautiful blonde, flirty Caroline. His father had ordered him to ask her to marry her. He didn't love her but she was charming and he was fond of her. If he didn't marry her, he would lose his title and no longer be an Earl. He would have no money, either. He hoped she said "Yes."

Shane knocked on the door. The maid answered it. She let the Earl in and informed Caroline that the Earl was here. Caroline hoped that he wouldn't notice that she had been crying. Caroline walked downstairs and there stood Shane McJordan. He was handsome and he had money. He would be a good husband and father.

Caroline smiled at Shane. He took her hand and kissed it. "Shall we go sit in the Drawing Room?" The Earl followed Caroline to a room with cherry wood furniture and a wall full of pictures of castles, dragons and knights. Blue print tapestry furniture and red winged tip back chairs and a love seat with hummingbirds sit in the middle of the room. Caroline motioned for Shane to sit down and he did. She smiled at Shane.

"Oh, Mr. McJordan, we have to talk. I don't know how to say this but I have fallen in love with you. I know it isn't lady like but it's true. Those nights we spent together, I am expecting your child .I hope you will do the honor of making me your wife."

The Earl was speechless. He was a few years older then Caroline and telling her now why he was going to ask her to marry him, well now he had a reason to do so. He couldn't leave her. His father would disown him. He stood up and walked around the room. He finally said: "Miss Bingley, I love you, too and your news makes me very happy. Will you marry me?"

Caroline hugged Shane and kissed him. They weren't in love. Caroline needed a father for her baby and a husband and the Earl needed a wife. Caroline and Shane were married and luckily, the baby boy Jerome looked liked him. Caroline flirted with other men and the Earl had affairs with other women but he stayed with Caroline. For better or worse. Their daughter Abigail was just like Caroline. Caroline had raised a daughter like her. Always breaking up romances. Jerome went to college to avoid his parents. All they did was fight. Shane found out about Caroline's lover she had before they were married. Caroline shot him because he threatened to leave her penniless. She had everyone convinced it was an intruder. Caroline. She never changes. She later married a Duke. She made his life miserable as well.

** Image ID #1979577 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1978674 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2018 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/808973