*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809472-WOMENS-MARCH-IN-BELIZE
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#809472 added March 8, 2014 at 10:38pm
Restrictions: None
WOMEN'S MARCH IN BELIZE

`          I don't know if there were 20,000, but certainly a few thousand converged on the Marion Jones Athletic field after marching from the Constitution Square. This was all part of a precursor for the International World Women's Day celebration, which will happen on March 8th.The band played, speeches were given. Some of the churches didn't approve and some women stayed away...and others came and had an inspiring time. The buses brought women from all over Belize. Mostly wearing orange T-shirts. It was a sea of orange when they converged. There were a few marching bands and drum groups. The sun burned hot and the smart ones carried umbrellas.

This was a major step for a tiny country like Belize. We're proud of the strong women who made this happen. The ones who couldn't get off work still wore their orange T-shirts.

We returned to the boat after a 30-hour working push to get one of the facilities ready for the Women's Day. On our way out, we had to wait for the orange tide to pass before the road opened up. Seeing all the smiling faces made it worth it.

At the marina, the tide moves in and out, changing all the water every day. The Earth moves it's own way seemingly oblivious to the tides of human interference in the flow. I believe there is an awareness, a knowing, much deeper than just the emotional movement of the women...but it approves. Do you?

>>>iggy

          ** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2014 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809472-WOMENS-MARCH-IN-BELIZE