*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809831-10---Fav-Place-on-Earth-Book-vs-Movie-and-oops
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1910923
Looks like I may have a ton of these, so this is collection 1 of Reflections
#809831 added March 12, 2014 at 2:40am
Restrictions: None
10 - Fav Place on Earth, Book vs. Movie, and oops....
"I recently rediscovered the usefulness of the library (*Blush*) even after working here all year, and began looking more and more in depth at the covers of books. What book are you reading now? If you aren't currently reading a book, what is the next book you want to read, or what is the last book you finished? What drew you to that book? Look specifically at the cover design, the back cover, and the inside flaps. What makes this book one that would stand out on a library shelf?"

I just gotta say I'm saddened Emily is just now rediscovering my favorite place on earth! but better yet than neva!

I ALWAYS look at book covers. I'd have to say the cover art of a new book by an author I've never heard of is 80% of what makes me pick it up, and that's being modest. I great cover goes a looooooong way. That's how I fell in love with the Kate Daniels and Patricia Biggs series among others.

As of last night/this morning I started reading Kiera Cass' Selection series and I AM IN LOOOOOOVE! "Note: Remember falling in love for the first time? ..."

As I was perusing http://clc.lib.overdrive.com/ the cover gripped my attention and when I saw she was a NYT Best Seller, not to mention the 50 ppl long waiting list, I decided to give it a try. Glad I did. Contemporary covers are the best and most interesting for/to me.

Last book I finished was Lynsay Sands' VMW as previously mentioned in...."5: Book, Play, Talk ? or "1 - I used to think corn was sweet.... ? *shrug* I already knew her so nothing drew me to the book, I heard about her through a college friend. Her covers are pretty awesome though, and o so SAUCEY!!!!!

---------------------------------
What's the best adaptation of a book (or book series) you've seen?

I want to say Twilight, but that's mainly because they did the ending in a MUCH more satisfying manner than the author did. I was mad at Meyer for that lame ending. All this boiling tension and both sides just WALK away!?!!?!? really1?!@@!@1.The movie ending was sooooo much better.

Other than that....others are ok....i agree with Aennaytte: Free & Wild in GoT that HP wasn't bad....but I was pissed at TGOF. They so could have made the Quidditch World Cup scene sooooooooooo much longer! That pretty much scared all the movies for me, but 1/7 ain't bad.....It's this lack of book to movie exaction that makes me want to produce/direct/write books to film SOOOOOOOO BADLY!

-----------------------------------------
Did the Blog City prompt on the wrong day....yeaaaaa "9 - Commuting News is for The Birds

© Copyright 2014 A*Monaing*Faith (UN: afaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A*Monaing*Faith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809831-10---Fav-Place-on-Earth-Book-vs-Movie-and-oops