*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810594-18-Kid-4A-Day-and-Popular-Cliffhangers
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1910923
Looks like I may have a ton of these, so this is collection 1 of Reflections
#810594 added March 18, 2014 at 8:44pm
Restrictions: None
18: Kid 4A Day and Popular Cliffhangers
If you could be any age for one week, what age would you choose and why?

7, that's what first popped into my head. Supposedly because it's young enough as to be cute and innocent, but old enough to know what's going on around me and be able to pay attention and comprehend to a certain extent. I can be a sort of spy on the wall because adults will easily ignore me.

PROMPT: Tell us about a TV show or book series you like. What makes you keep coming back to watch or read more? Relate this to your knowledge and understanding of cliffhangers - how do you write a good "cliffy?"

This is no secret. Lynsay Sands Argeneau Vamp Series

But, I'll add to that, Tamora Pierce's Circle of Magic Series of Series. I can't wait to read about Trisana the Weather Witch going to college!!! I want to follow these 4 nature mages for the rest of their lives, and their students lives!!!

I always come back because there are so many characters. The more characters the better. I think you create a good "cliffy" by giving a character depth, thus ensuring that your audience REALLY wants to know what happens next, no matter how long it takes.

I tend to write cliffhangers often when given a word limit, it just sorta...happens.

TV Shows? I dunno, I hate commercials and waiting and I have no cable so I haven't had to wait much for anything lately....technology has spoiled me.

PROMPT: We already did something popular you don't like... but what about an incredibly popular movie or show that you've never actually seen?

I will ditto Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk 's Life of Pi and raise you Frozen, the new Disney flick everyone keeps talking about.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2294629/

But not for long! The DVD came out today and now I'm only 40 of 80 holds in line to see it. I may see it at the dollar movie before that though.

© Copyright 2014 A*Monaing*Faith (UN: afaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A*Monaing*Faith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810594-18-Kid-4A-Day-and-Popular-Cliffhangers