*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810644-THE-REAL-WORLD-INTRUDES
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#810644 added March 19, 2014 at 11:30am
Restrictions: None
THE REAL WORLD INTRUDES

As a fiction writer I only use the real world as a reference/resource, and especially for speculative fiction. I happily go my own way expanding, altering, imagining...

But these last few days, events in the real world are feeling more fictionalized than my imaginary worlds. Disappearing airliners, and 25 countries involved one way or another, have created a storm of television, internet and print words of speculation, accusation, reaction and directed propaganda. Right beside that is the mostly created situation in the Ukraine. Distractions abound. Serious threats and counter threats, government egos flaring to blind and impress. Where in all that is a thread of reality?

I couldn't write such things, as they would be hard to believe and not justified as a solid story. Add to that the many layers of 'Climate Change', 'Currency Change',  and Governmental manipulations by the G-pick a number. Our Human world is writhing and twisting with a million beliefs. Ideas and fears.

Maybe it's a phase...and they'll grow out of it.

Go figure.
Peace, >>>iggy

© Copyright 2014 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810644-THE-REAL-WORLD-INTRUDES