*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810886-The-Jumping-Bed
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #1982565
Journey in and out of the lives of Memories of family
#810886 added March 22, 2014 at 12:49am
Restrictions: None
The Jumping Bed
As a child I always wondered at the way jumping beans hopped up and down. What made them do that?

One of my favorite activities in the sixties when I learning to walk and run was jumping on my parents bed. With each year there seemed to be other little ones joining in the jumping festival. We would see how high we could jump, how many times jumping without stopping, flipping and flying much of the time into each other and on rare occasions on to the floor. Grandma on occasion would join us and friends were encouraged to join the fun. Mom and Dad never seemed to mind that much. They just shook their heads and smiled.

All of us have grown up since those days to live normal lives. At some point the realization dawned on me that some kind of hopping must have taken place before there were any kids were jumping on the bed. Children don't just come flying out of the box springs. Like the jumping beans it seemed to be one of those unsolved mysteries that you wanted to ask mom and dad about when you got bored with jumping on the bed and were going on to better things.

As I grew into ministry, I decided that God must have been the origional hopper. How else could everything on earth know how to jump for joy. It say somewhere in the good book: "Hoppy are the kids for they shall inherit the earth".(GP version) God knows what is good for all that has been created. The word Hopping is not to far away from the word hoping. When enough hopping/jumping goes on there is reason to hope. For God has victory over death. Resurrection hoping and hopping is not far away.
© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810886-The-Jumping-Bed