*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811528-This-ones-about-no-prompts-and-going-going-gone
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1939270
A third attempt at this blogging business.
#811528 added March 27, 2014 at 8:51pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about no prompts and going, going, gone,
Hello friends, rivals, and everyone in-between...no prompts for me today. Barely even looked at 'em...didn't want to be tempted to try killin' another couple hours for nothin'. Having nearly an entire blog entry vanish in front of you does crazy things to your head sometimes. I couldn't even be mad; I basically went to bed and tried not to think about it. Well, there was this first: "Note: Here's the highlights from the blog entry I ju...". And tonight'll probably be another early night for me as well.

Truth is, I'm starting to feel emotionally spent again, which is a sign that I need to pull back a little. I've got a lot on my mind and very little of it is coming out in what I do here...and that's not good enough for me. You'd think with having more time to get certain things done and in order, I'd be a lot more settled and in control, but it's just the opposite and I'm trying not to feel overwhelmed. I guess losing an entry...well, worse things could happen, but it was probably the kick in the ass I needed.

And I knew I probably shouldn't have gone into the Blog Mob head-first in February, but I figured I'd ride some of the momentum I'd gained in January, all the while knowing I could bow out at any time yet writing myself deeper into the whole scene. And the next thing I know, it's March and the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is official again and I don't know how to just say no to that. The kinda forced week off was another big green neon sign telling me I should probably slow down, but they're just too damn easy to ignore.

Anyway, I guess with bein' laid up next week and unsure of how I'll feel in the days immediately afterward, it's probably a good time to give myself a proper break. Might be a few days, might be a couple weeks...not sure yet. It probably won't be too long and you won't even know I'm gone...WDC doesn't shut down just because I need to regroup a little, lay around shirtless in pajama pants, and pick Dorito crumbs out of my beard while I'm waiting for my Big Cup Of Noodles to heat up. You'll all still write, and eventually I'll miss it and y'all just enough to jump back in, and it'll be almost like old times again.

So after I spend Friday and Saturday (and maybe even a little bit of time on Sunday) finishing up a few things, if you don't hear from me for awhile it's ok. I'll probably limit myself to reading emails and feeling less obligated, because things are more fun when you don't feel like they have to be done, and I've been down that road enough to know I was starting to get way too close to that point.

To quote the immortal words of Jerry Springer, "'Til next time, take care of yourselves...and each other". Peace, 'til no one catches you, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


It's no crime...
there's still time to escape.

© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811528-This-ones-about-no-prompts-and-going-going-gone