*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813096-Such-News-Very-Update
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Soran
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1973342
A place for pointless news and disjointed personal musings.
#813096 added April 8, 2014 at 9:41pm
Restrictions: None
Such News, Very Update
Now that I've lured you in with memes and I'm not completely exhausted, I figured I aught to give another update on what's been going on with me:

-Firstly, I finished reading The Rogue Crew just this morning. What did I think? Well, of course I liked it. It certainly wasn't perfect - some faults in the writing make me think that this was probably an early draft that didn't get edited much in the wake of Brian Jacques' death - but it was still Redwall and suitably full of fun and adventure. Also, part of my reasoning for choosing to read The Rogue Crew over Doomwyte the last time I was browsing through the book store was because, since The Rogue Crew is the most recent story with the highest-stakes plot, it would be more likely to have major world developments for me to incorporate into The Krimson Traitor. That turned out to be entirely sound reasoning on my part, since a couple of the developments at the end of The Rogue Crew (namely, Salamandastron snagging itself a fancy ship and forming an alliance with the sea otters) should be pretty pretty interesting to play around with in The Krimson Traitor.

-Secondly, do you see that bat? The one I'm using as the cover for this blog and as my portfolio cover? If you're wondering where it's from, don't; I made it for a high school graphic design project using Adobe Illustrator. I'm also a bit of an artist, you see... Or at least I was; I haven't been doing much art since I got out of high school. But I did recently recently install Inkscape (a free vector art program), and I plan on trying to get back into creating vector art so I can start making my own covers for my stories. I might even try my hand at creating a digital version of the map for my Mythryn stories.

-Speaking of Mythryn, I've started up work on a little something I'm calling the Guide to the Mythril Peninsula, which, as the title may imply, is going to be a comprehensive guide to the setting featured in "Shattered Gold, "Starwake, and which I plan to use for future stories. I already have my personal notes, of course, but those wouldn't be good to upload since they were really only meant for my own benefit and are thus disorganized and full of sparse descriptions and plot spoilers. This guide will be for people who maybe want to know a little more about this setting, but don't want to wait for me to write enough stories to give a complete picture of the place (I try to avoid info dumps in my stories, so world details only come in bits and pieces as they become relevant to the plot). The guide is going to be full of information on things like the geography of the region, the different cities and their cultures, some of the more common animal species and the personalities they tend to have, and the history of the region. I'm not sure when it'll be ready to release, but it should make for some interesting reading once it's done.

And that's pretty much all the semi-interesting stuff that's going on with me right now. *Paw*

© Copyright 2014 Soran (UN: soranmbane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Soran has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813096-Such-News-Very-Update