*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813144
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#813144 added April 9, 2014 at 7:19am
Restrictions: None
What Did You Love Most About Your Generation Growing Up?
Prompt: What did you love most about your generation growing up?

I grew up in the 60's and 70's. I loved President Kennedy and was sad when he got shot. There was all those Viet Nam war protests. If I would have been older, I would have joined them. There was Abby Hoffman and he was a big war protestor and there were songs about protesting the war. I loved the Beatles and Barbie. It was great learning to read with Dick and Jane.

In the 70's, I loved platform shoes, mid coats, maxi coats and mini skirts. I wore them all. I thought smiley faces and The Love is comics of a naked boy and girl were cute. No naughty privates were shown. We grew up without cell phones and computers and I survived,

The music and TV Shows were great. I would rather would old comedy shows then the comedy shows they have now. I loved that most about growing up back then along with the clothes. The cars. I miss the cars from the 60's and 70's. The designs were great.

I can't forgot Bobby Sherman, David Cassidy and Donny Osmond! They were the heart throbs back then!

Not all women worked back then. My mother didn't and her friends didn't, either. They were having coffee sessions, shopping and my mother was bored. Dad wouldn't let her work. She can't drive and never had any independence. I didn't want that for me. We need independence.

In school, we learned and were taught. No computer classes. Everything was done by hand outside of the typewriter. I loved basketball games and dances.

This is all, I guess. I miss the 60's and 70's. That is why I watch "That 70's Show."

** Image ID #1578919 Unavailable **





Member of: Blog City Public Records Clerk, Circle Of Sisters, Judge For Seasonal Writing Contest, Co-Host Of Monthly Calendar Writing Contest, Anniversary Reviewer, Circle Of Friends Blogging Group, Flair For Writing Editor, Owner Of Jane Austen and Hobbies and Crafts Forums.


© Copyright 2014 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813144