*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814784-A-confession-on-the-Bards-birthday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#814784 added April 23, 2014 at 3:36pm
Restrictions: None
A confession on the Bard's birthday
In honor of The Bard's birthday, it's confession time. Bob & I finished watching the PBS series Shakespeare Uncovered last night. http://www.pbs.org/wnet/shakespeare-uncovered/

Those of you who know me well know that I do not watch tv - particularly anything episodic. I do it for my own mental health. I know how easy it would be for me to become addicted, so I don't. (Yes, I know I'm missing out on good stuff. I'm ok with that.) I also have a hard time with the sensory input, to the point where I'll have to leave the room if the tv has been on for a while.

That being said . . . I LOVED THIS SERIES!!! Bob suggested it, and out of my curiosity and interest in Shakespeare, I said yes. I was even the one to say "shall we watch an episode tonight?" Alas . . . they only did one season. I'm itching for more. I suspect that fact alone will have Bob sending a message to the producers, pleading for another season.

The series looks in depth at a handful of Shakespeare's plays, how they would have been perceived in his day, the historical facts and fictions behind them, and the deeply personal parts of his own life which were woven into the stories, among other things.

© Copyright 2014 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814784-A-confession-on-the-Bards-birthday