*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816113-High-on-grass
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #1985722
Ongoing stories about our rat terrier
#816113 added May 8, 2014 at 11:06pm
Restrictions: None
High on grass
I am not sure if I am the only one that notices some of Buddy's habits. It can be disturbing to witness what goes on his world. I hope I can be a good influence. There are days I wonder if he will ever get the message.

I was in the process of getting ready for work. I usually get him out just before work. It eliminates his "accidents" which are ever increasing. I think I may have some answers to Buddy's strange behavior. The dog is constantly sniffing grass. I have never seen anything like it. He roams around sniffs grass and then does a little dance before he gets back into sniffing the stuff. It is constant. I swear that dog must be getting high.

I kept saying to Buddy on this particular day.
"Buddy I need to go to work, you need to come with me I do not want to be late".
I said this to him several times and he just looked at me funny, tugging for all he was worth. I am about to drag him into our house and he lays down on the grass, rolling around with his tongue hanging out. If that is not what it means to be high, I do not know what is. I decide to humor him. I rub his belly and smile at him a lot. His eyes are bugging out of his head.
"okay Buddy, let's go"
At first the dog seems to get the message. He gets up on all fours and just when I think I have him sobered again he rolls in the grass again, looking like he had been high on grass. I pick the stupid dog up and take him in the house. My only question is how do you wean a dog away from addiction to grass. If anyone knows please drop me a line. If it does not stop I might need to smell the stuff myself. If you cannot beat him join him.
© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816113-High-on-grass