*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816525-Prompt-for-51114
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #1991011
This is a collection of my "Daily Flash Fiction Challenge" entries.
#816525 added May 11, 2014 at 7:56pm
Restrictions: None
Prompt for 5/11/14
“You're making a fool of yourself" Jamie says at the office party. I'm not really drunk, but it’s part of our plan. Me, Jamie, and Sarah know that there is evidences that proves Free-Shieldom put backdoors into their encryption software–illegally. They are breaking the Freedom Act treaty signed by almost every country guaranteeing all citizens the right to protect their data. Today is our only opportunity to retrieve the proof we need.

Free-Shieldom, a mashup of the words ‘Freedom’ and ‘Shield’, is a company that provides safe, uncrackable, untraceable encryption software. It’s mostly use to protect freedom of speech and personal data. Places like China, and the Middle East restrict people speech and religion fearing their citizens will rise up fighting for their rights.

Sarah, a highly trusted employee, deep under cover, needs documents proving ‘Shieldom's secret software code and their connections to government agencies. ‘Shieldom has to be careful because government watchmen kept a very close eye on them. This makes it hard to hide their secrets. An insider, like Sarah, knowing where to look, can easily uncover their secrets. But she must not get caught.

Today the company is doing an upgrade to their backbone leaving 2 guards with Sarah in the server room. Sam, one of the guards, is also under cover. Leaving her alone, they came out to see what was going on. I continuing to act drunk shouting “Jamie is my girl!”

The two guards escorted me and Jamie out of the building. I left with a hidden smile on my face knowing tomorrow people will learn the truth. Soon government agencies will be held accountable for violating the Freedom Act treaty. Sarah would likely take over as Free-Shieldom's CEO. First order of business is changing its horrible name.


Word Count: 295
Prompt: Write a story that includes the line: "You're making a fool of yourself"
© Copyright 2014 Agape Novels (UN: joshuapenick at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Agape Novels has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816525-Prompt-for-51114