*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816866-Harnessing-Buddys-energy
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #1985722
Ongoing stories about our rat terrier
#816866 added May 15, 2014 at 6:59am
Restrictions: None
Harnessing Buddy's energy
Even as I slice myself into the white netherland our writing bliss, our dog comes traipsing down the steps to perform is morning ritual. I suppose even dogs have a religious side to them. They depend on a routine to learn trust and loyalty (love). As long as our dog has a warm place, food and toys to fetch he is pretty happy. And then of course are his constant passion for walks/runs to take care of business. Even adults need that sense of passion and purpose.

One of my constant struggles is to put on the dog's harness, so that I can get him in position to take a walk with leash attached. The harness used to belong to our cat when she was small. Buddy inherited it long after the cat could not fit into it anymore. I can only suppose that it must have been part of the plan. God knew I was going to put that harness on the dog and I better get it right or else. I now know what it means to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. This morning Sharon comes down stairs with harness in tow.
"Now this is how you do it".
I stand in amazement as she puts it on with majestic grace. Buddy is ready for his walk, even as he looks up at me as if to say, "see that is how it is done. He takes care of his business and then our five year old (puppy?) comes in the house ready to eat breakfast and greet the day.
© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816866-Harnessing-Buddys-energy