*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817592-High-School-Prom
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#817592 added June 16, 2014 at 6:34pm
Restrictions: None
High School Prom
Prompt: Did you go to your High School Prom? Tell us your story.

I went to my High School Prom. There was this guy down the road who was my boyfriend off and on. I wanted to ask him but he was shy and I didn't think he would go. The boys at school were asking the Freshman girls. They were being used. I had this friend who was going to Notre Dame. I had met him in Arkansas when Dad was in the Air Force and we moved there. Jimmy was going to be leaving to go to Notre Dame but we hung out. We went out to eat with his sister and my friend Debbie. We sang Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young songs together and he played his guitar. That was crazy. I wrote him a letter when he was at Notre Dame and asked him to go to the Prom. He wrote back and said he would. He called me on the phone and we talked for an hour and a half.

Jimmy stayed at my Grandparents house where Mom and I were living in Indiana. Dad was in Viet Nam. Jimmy wore a black tux and he bought me a pretty white flower corsage. I wore a white satin formal with pink roses on it and it had lace. Mom took pictures and Jimmy pretended that he was Archie Campbell of "Hee-Haw" and sang the song: "Where Oh Where, Are You Tonight?" He made my mother and grandparents laugh. We arrived at the Prom and I introduced him to my friends. We sat with my ex-boyfriend Tom and my friend Darlene. Tom and Jimmy got along. I danced my first slow dance ever with Jimmy. Later that night, I had my head on my shoulder and I was almost falling asleep and he tickled me. It was funny. We went to see the movie "Vanishing Point" with the other students who went to the Prom. At the After Prom, we ate donuts and had juice. We talked to everyone. We went home I went to bed and Mom and Jimmy talked from 1:00 AM until 4:00 AM. I wasn't a night owl back then. Jimmy hung around for awhile the next day. We walked around Grandpa's farm and played cards. He had to go back to Notre Dame. I wrote him once and he wrote back but I never saw him again. The Prom was great and has nice memories for me.
416 Words
** Image ID #1990722 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2014 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817592-High-School-Prom