*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817954-What-is-Normal
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#817954 added May 27, 2014 at 12:50am
Restrictions: None
What is Normal?
Define what "Normal" means to you.

I don't belive in normal. What is it? No one likes the word mediocre, yet that's what nomal is. It what the middle of the road people do, say and act.
We've heard the order "Try to act normal for once." To someone with a disorder of some kind that causes them to react in a violent manner, or laugh hysterically, or even just remain silent when others are screaming is difficult.
What is normal? In a classroom its the teacher that determines "normal." Their comfort level of noise, chaos or tomfullery what is considered Normal, FOR THEM. If the class is full on first graders, its normalness is far different than a class of college students.

My definition of "normal" is what does 75% of the people do or react in any given situation.  If  the floor begins to shake and everyone around you is scraming and running for the hole under the desk and you are standing by the window looking outside going, "Hey, guys its cool! The buildings are falling and the road is buckling." I'd say you aren't NORMAL.  But if you laugh when someone else is quiet, or you wear bright colors to a funeral, or even ride a bike wearing a tutu, I'd not be real quick to call you AB-NORMAL. You might be a free spirit. You might just see life differently in that situation but be "Normal" in others.

If you are Rain Man you are not NORMAL. But if you act like Sam in Benny and Joon, I'm not so sure you aren't Normal and everyone else has a problem.  I've watched this movie a few times. I'm still on the fence if Sam just wants a break from trying to be normal, or if he is just been told he isn't normal so many times, Joon's acceptance of his excentricity make his feel Normal.  If you haven't watched this movie I suggest you do. My favorit parts are making grilled cheese and when Sam plays Charlie Chaplin with the buns.
This Character baffles me because as times I get the feeling he's laughing at "normal society." he gets along with Joon's brother and Joon on different levels. Who is normal in this movie? I challange you to watch and tel me.

© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817954-What-is-Normal