*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817996
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#817996 added May 27, 2014 at 12:21pm
Restrictions: None
Mr. Darcy and Jane, Bingley and Elizabeth
Mr. Darcy's carriage had arrived at the ball at the Lindley's. Darcy and his friend Charles Bingley stepped out of the carriage. A nice mansion but nothing was beautiful as Pemberly in Darcy's mind. A handsome dark headed man who was arrogant to those not in the ton. His friend Charles Bingley had wheat colored hair and he and Mr. Darcy was dressed in tails and fancy capes. Everyone knew they were of the Ton.

Darcy and Charles entered the mansion and greeted the Lindleys. A nice elderly couple who had been part of the ton for years. Darcy and Charles looked around the room. A beautiful blonde angel caught Darcy's eye and Charles was looking at a dark headed girl.

"Should we meet the ladies?" Darcy winked.

"Yes, let's do Darcy."

They approached the ladies. Jane Bennet tossed her blonde curls and looked at Mr. Darcy. A handsome man indeed. Her sister looked at Charles Bingley. He was handsome. She smiled. Elizabeth had hoped that he would ask her to dance.

"Charles Bingley. Would you like to dance, Miss? May I have your name?"

"Elizabeth Bennet." She curtsied.

Charles took Elizabeth's hand and they went out on the dance floor. They joined the others already engaged in dancing.

Darcy bowed to Jane and she curtsied. "I am Fritzwilliam Darcy. May have I the pleasure of this dance?"

"Thank you, Mr. Darcy. I am Jane Bennet."

"Miss Bennet." Darcy took Jane's hands and they went out on the dance floor.

Jane and Darcy, Elizabeth and Charles all danced divinely. Jane thought Mr. Darcy was the most handsome man around.

After the dance, the men got punch for the ladies. Mrs. Bennet was over heard saying that she wanted to get her daughters married off to men who was well off she and her husband would have no worries. Darcy looked at her and thought she was an awful boastful woman. He wouldn't want her for a mother-in-law.

Darcy and Bingley made their way back to Jane and Elizabeth. They handed them their punch. They danced some more dances with the ladies.

Mrs. Bennet made her way over t\o the girls. "There you are. Who are your gentleman friends?"

Jane and Elizabeth introduced them to their mother.

MOTHER! DARCY WAS NOT PLEASED! How could beautiful Jane have this woman for a mother?

Mrs. Bennet was friendly and Darcy barely spoke to Mrs. Bennet. Mrs. Bennet left. Jane played the piano and Darcy loved her singing and her piano talents.

Elizabeth and Charles talked about poems and they both loved reading poems.

It was time to leave and Bingley invited Elizabeth and Jane over to Netherly. The girls accepted. Back to Netherly, Darcy commented about Mrs. Bennet.

"The woman wants to marry to marry her daughters to men who are well off. Jane looks like an angel but that mother! She is dreadful!"

"Darcy, Jane and Elizabeth seem nice. We know most marriages in our society are arranged. Like Lady Catherine wanting you to marry Anne."

"That will never happen. I will to take a wife one of these days soon to get out of marrying Anne.."

Darcy didn't want Caroline. Charles' sister. Caroline wanted Darcy so bad. Luckily, she didn't attend the Ball. He would have to get to know Jane. He would have to just over look Mrs. Bennet.

Elizabeth and Jane came to Netherly the next day. They had dinner with the ladies. Caroline Bingley asked Jane and Elizabeth questions about their childhood. She chided them for not having a Nanny and a lack of education.

"Caroline, you either be nice to our guests or you can leave." Caroline was quiet the rest of the meal.

Darcy asked Jane about her home life. She told Darcy that she loved to ride horses. Darcy asked her to ride with him. She borrowed Caroline's riding habit much to Caroline's chagrin and Jane was a good rider. She raced the horse and it went faster then Darcy's.

Charles and Elizabeth sang songs on the piano together and he was falling for Elizabeth.

The men called on the ladies at their house the next day. They walked the grounds and Darcy stoled a few kisses from Jane. Bingley got brave and kissed Elizabeth as well.

Darcy asked Jane to marry him. Caroline had tried to seduce him the night before in his room and Darcy had enough of her. Lady Catherine had been sending letters to Darcy wanting him to marry Anne. Jane accepted Darcy's proposal and Elizabeth married Charles. Darcy didn't love Jane at first but he was fond of her and it was enough to build a marriage. Charles loved Elizabeth unlike Darcy with Jane. Darcy had too much pride. Marrying Jane got him off the hook with Caroline and Anne. His Aunt Catherine was mad for the rest of her life but Darcy didn't care.

This was a just brief story of what if?

** Image ID #1992812 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1652615 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2014 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817996