*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
6
8
9
11
12
13
15
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818127
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#818127 added May 29, 2014 at 12:00am
Restrictions: None
Natural Disaster
Prompt: Have you ever been through a natural disaster? If not, write about someone' else's disaster.

I have never been through one even though I have seen the wind rotate the leaves in the opposite direction. I was at my Great Grandparents house in town and a severe storm was coming in, a tornado was on it's way and the Fire Alarm across the street went off. It was dark like night and you couldn't see anything outside and it was daytime. Grandpa was on his tractor in a field in the country two miles from his house. He went to a house near by and he stayed there and Grandma went out looking for him. She couldn't see where she was gone but she did se the tractor at the house and got out and the neighbors invited her in. She was the She crossed the Railroad Track and luckily, there was no train. It was a tornado but no serious damage was done. That happens sometimes and I am glad. A tornado blew off my cousin's back porch eighteen years ago but that was minor.

Mom, Dad and I were in Maryland and a tornado destroyed Koontz Lake, Indiana which is ten minutes away from my grandparents. This was 1964. The National Guard was there and we saw pictures of the damage years later. Our family and friends were safe. We had to wait two days to find out. The phones were all down.

A few years ago, our neighbors had a tornado destroy the front of their house but they were okay. Some shingles blew off our roof I have seen nasty clouds but they stayed in the sky. This is what I hate about Indiana. Tornados. I pray we will always be safe.

** Image ID #1992812 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2014 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818127