*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818188-Its-been-a-year-since-I-made-an-entry-here
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#818188 added May 30, 2014 at 2:57am
Restrictions: None
It's been a year since I made an entry here!
Wow! Time really does fly! I can't believe that a year has gone by since I last wrote in my blog here. I will try to catch up on some events since that time. First of all I had a good check up with my cardiologist in November of last year. He said I did not need to come back for a WHOLE year! That was good news.

We had our home painted white and had the old decks torn down. Two new cedar decks were built to replace them. Those projects were started in August of last year and extended into October. It looks like a brand new place around here.

We made a trip to Minnesota in November, also. We flew back to visit Ron's oldest son and his family. There are eight of them! Noel, Albina, and SIX boys! Daniel, Elijah, Marcus, Caleb, Pasha, and Maxsim. We had a wonderful visit which lasted five days. They live north of Grand Rapids and out in a wooded area by a lake. The home they live in is a log house with a loft. A big wood stove heats the home, nicely. The grandchildren were a joy to be around and quite entertaining. The oldest, Daniel, played his violin for us. Then Elijah played his cello. We shared stories and read story books to the youngest boys. Albina fixed us pheasant for dinner one day. It was very well done and tasty. Noel is a hunter and he took Ron out to hunt grouse while we were there. There is a big bear skin hanging on the living room wall, along with a deer head high up between the windows. The day after we left was open season for bucks, and Noel got his that day.

We spent our nights in the Timberlake Lodge Inn in Grand Rapids. During the morning hours the boys swam in the pool at the lodge and played on the water slides. The rest of our time was spent shopping and eating out at a Chinese Buffet.

Our visit came briefly to an end and it was time to say goodbye. We got hugs and kisses from each of them. The boys each made special crafts for us to take back home. It was hard to say goodbye, but we left with smiley faces and waving hands, and an invite from each to "please come back again, soon." We said we would.

I turned 70 years old in November. My kids and grandkids took me out to dinner. What fun!

Christmas was spent in Eastern Washington at Moses Lake. We saw plenty of snow.

Spring didn't come fast enough to suit us. We booked our flight and hotel in Honolulu and we were on the beach the second week of April. Here it is almost June already.

We tore out the old fireplace and replaced the electric stove insert with a pellet stove insert. Hired a contractor to sheetrock the area above the insert, and install stone around it. A picture of his progress is below. I can hardly wait for it to be done and the mantle to go up.

© Copyright 2014 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818188-Its-been-a-year-since-I-made-an-entry-here