*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818314-Caged-Bird-Sings
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#818314 added May 31, 2014 at 8:08pm
Restrictions: None
Caged Bird Sings
Prompt: Why The Caged Bird Sings Mayalou Engle A story that needs to be told.

Working in mental health, I have encountered a lot of people with problems but this is about a woman that people made fun of. "Nellie." She was ten years older then me Her parents owned a Drug Store in town where I live near by. She was their only daughter. She was sheltered and didn't make friends easily. She didn't do well at school so she was home taught by a teacher that they hired. Her parents didn't let her have friends and she would venture out to the Post Office in town and when a car or two went by, she got nervous. She would jump up and down and talk to herself. The men at the Barber Shop laughed at her. So did the whole town. I never laughed. Nellie's mother died. She and her father went to live at a four story Nursing Home. The Nurses asked if she wanted to see her father who was on the second floor. She lived on the third floor.. She told them no. She was tired of that man touching her! Poor Nellie was strange and not allowed any friends. This explains it. I felt sorry for her. She would be with her parents at her my Great Grandma's house. She would stay in the car and smile when she saw kittens play. I wish I could have talked to her and been there for her. She needed friends.

** Image ID #1993933 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2014 Princess Megan Rose (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818314-Caged-Bird-Sings