*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818540-My-Reality
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #1976943
Writings about death, relationships, feelings, and time
#818540 added June 3, 2014 at 7:03am
Restrictions: None
My Reality
I know how important it is to keep all of my eye doctor appointments.  I know that I can still see, and that is a blessing based on all that I have read.  Yet, I dread going.  I detest the idea of that needle being stuck in first one eye and then the other.  I sit in the chair waiting for the medicine to numb the eye.  Then the doctor walks into the room, and I know the procedure is about to start.  Which ever eye is not being worked on starts to cry.  My heart gets very fluttery and I get tense holding me together.

I am sure there are worse things in life, and that I am blessed to be able to afford the treatment that I am being given.  I am also thankful and grateful that God has given man the knowledge to perform such intricate surgery on my eyes and those of others, but it does not stop the tears or the dread.

Praying for victory in my eyes and that my sight continues to improve.  It has happened for others.  I know that God loves me regardless of the outcome.  However, I show hope that I can see for the rest of my life all of the beauty that God has made in this world for me to enjoy.

Staying in touch with my reality.

© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818540-My-Reality