*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819033-A-further-look-at-Listening-to-Gods-voice
Rated: E · Book · Religious · #1989779
A sermon I will preach Sunday. Any feedback is appreciated.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#819033 added June 8, 2014 at 1:29am
Restrictions: None
A further look at Listening to God's voice
I invite a message that speaks louder than words.

I will preach in a few short weeks and I believe God has a game plan and will use me to share what it means to be on the winning side.

I see the experience of infancy that God grants us. The infant cries and can only know what need is when it stops. At times it will mean a time of being fed, held or being changed. We experience this same cry deep within ourselves calling us to be born again to change and be changed by the one who made us all.

I see the experience of youth like a wild wind looking to sweep up a world. When these you are misguided or not guided there is almost always a crash. They risk losing life, and livelihood because of choices made. We experience a longing to know maturity and can know it only as we learn to align ourselves with God will.

I see the experience of Old Age, a precursor to death. There is a desire to hold onto someone we love dearly when God is calling us to let go. The greater witness is to know that a person is in a better place. We experience the power of silence calling us into a deeper relationship with God.

In the midst of this is the messenger of God, the message and the ongoing message.

The messenger is seen in the act of creation calling on a word to bless and work with God, as the soul ruler of the universe.
The messenger is seen in the answer and what happens when we do not obey. We can find ourselves like Balaam beating up a donkey, rather than doing what God wants.
The messenger is seen in the midst of the straggler who like Elijah thinks it is all up to him to save the world. We are challenged to experience the still small voice, a whisper reminding us we are never alone.
God sends a message, the word becomes flesh and dwells amongst us.
The message comes at a time when we least expect. Zechariah is muted by his unbelief. When John is born he speaks in praise about one who prepare the way for God's message to arise.
The message comes to people like Peter, who in walking on water learns of the only one who can calm the seas. He is also reminded that we all unwittingly can be used by Satan to deny. Only Jesus can provide a word that can take the doubt away.
The message can not be killed. We crucified as if to say our word could be heard louder than any message sent by God. The Spirit raises the message who is Jesus Christ. More work needs to happen.

Messages are offered up in the person of a redeemed community that is called to wait.
Messages are offered in behalf of Cornelius who is a Gentille Jew. God offer Peters a vision that reveals God sees what we can not. Cornelius is baptized and recieves the Holy Spirit gift.
Messages are offered up throught Paul who show us how to grieve for those who do not know Jesus. He would give his life for them if it mattered. We learn only grace and mercy matter-true election
Message are offered up that give the church vision for the future. We read in Revelation 21 how God is sick and tired of having people be sick and tired. We are God's living message wiping away tears and reconnection a world to God.
It is all about God and not anything any of us can do. In Matthew 7 we read about how not everyone saying Lord knows Jesus. Jesus work and word is the only thing that can save. Our job is to hear Jesus voice.
© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819033-A-further-look-at-Listening-to-Gods-voice