*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819158-Evidence-All-Around
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1995466
My blog written for Welcome To My Reality.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#819158 added June 9, 2014 at 9:56am
Restrictions: None
Evidence All Around
For "Welcome To My Reality Forum Prompt 2

I'm not usually messy, but for some reason I can't seem to keep my things out of the living room. My laptop is always on the couch if it isn't in my lap, and I have mini notepads and pens to take reviewing notes while reading short stories to keep track of the comments I want to make when sending my review. At the moment the book Plot & Structure by James Scott Bell is on my couch next to me. It's my main go-to book for writing good fiction.

I have been getting many reviews lately for my fiction with a lot of constructive criticism, things I know I should've done but failed to do, so I decided to break out my book and start studying again. I also have a large notebook where I keep my poems. I write my poetry by hand first; it's the only way I write it. Then I transfer it to my computer. But when I write fiction, it's only on the computer. I guess I like the old-fashioned feel of writing poetry with a pen and paper; it makes me feel like I'm from a different era (I was totally born in the wrong century). So I always have my things strewn about on my side of the couch until I tidy it up again, then it all goes back in my room.

I pity my mom for having to listen to all of my adventures on WDC; I read her my poems (she swears she's not good at understanding poetry) and she knows all about the system of MBs and awardicons, and community recognition in general because I've talked to her about it a million times that it's drilled into her head. She even said the other day that she wants to read one of my most recent reviews (she knows I use a template) and then she wants to see one of my earliest reviews from when I joined WDC. I don't know if my first review is still stored because I joined back in the summer of 2009, quite a while ago. I'm sure my reviews were terrible back then; I definitely didn't know then what I know now about writing both poetry and fiction, because although I've been writing both for so long, I only started studying both about 5 years ago. Studying writing has helped my work tremendously and I encourage everyone to pick up a book or two on writing fiction or writing poetry. It can only help you to improve.

Well, this was my first blog, and I hope I did well *Laugh* It's weird for me to write in this style, but I keep trying to tell myself that I'm writing an e-mail to a friend, and that keeps the ideas flowing. Happy Monday everyone! (Or Tuesday if you're not in the U.S.)

© Copyright 2014 April Desiree-I'm back! (UN: aprildesiree at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
April Desiree-I'm back! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819158-Evidence-All-Around