*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819718-Lying-down-on-the-job
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #1985722
Ongoing stories about our rat terrier
#819718 added June 14, 2014 at 9:29pm
Restrictions: None
Lying down on the job
If nothing else, having Buddy as a dog is full of surprises and CAN be entertaining.

I took Buddy for a walk today just before work and found myself wondering what I was in for. He decided he wanted to take his walk opposite of where he usually goes. There is a cute brown dog his size a few houses down. He seems to be in a swoon whenever we go by. He especially likes it when she is outside. She was not outside on this day and he seemed real disappointed. He sniffed around for a few minutes and then he was ready to resume his rituals.

It is getting closer to my estimated time of departure to work and Buddy decides that he wants to lie down in the grass. He looks like he is in seventh heaven. His eyes squinting in the sun, a big smile on his face without a care in the world.
"Buddy we need to go, I will be late for work".
He looks at me funny and rolls around in the grass, not just once but three times.
"What's your problem? Take time to smell the grass, what's the rush?
I pick him up and take him home. I always thought a dog was smart and loyal. No one told me that at times that a dog will like nothing better than to lie down on the job. So I better get used to it.
*Laugh*
© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819718-Lying-down-on-the-job