*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/820165-Tuesday-events
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#820165 added June 18, 2014 at 6:55pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday events
Yesterday we drove to Seattle and watched the Mariners and Padres play baseball. Although I have loved baseball as a child, its still one of the most boring sports to watch, about as boring as Golf and watching paint dry.  Years ago when we went to the Twins games all the time (back in the '70's) I'd bring a book to read. I was made fun of so to defer the harassment, I began to keep score.
The score cards are printed with the instructions on how to make the notations. It took me a little time to memorize the  positions and their numbers, but once I got the hang of it, keeping score at least kept me in the game and not an embarrassment to my family. I did read my books before the game and if the games was a blow out.
Tuesday I had to relearn the position numbers again and how to mark the card, but it was fine and I enjoyed the game as well as the clam chower and a fried twinkie and just before we went home a funnel cake.  Okay I wanted some other things but I have difficulty eating it all so left the thai food for later.

I'm going to vent a little. Mostly because this is my first venture into the publishing world. I got my first 3 chapters and I finished editing them and sent them back. I asked about how long it would take to get this novel published, she said about 6 months. SIX MONTHS? 
If the process is as slow as it has been I can see why, but If this is the only one they are working on at the moment, as she told me it was so, then why is it taking so long to get the next three chapters? (I'm guessing this isn't her full time job. That would explain the dearth of work sent for me to work on.)
I don't know how long it takes to do a cover, but as long as it has been 1.5 months I guess the longer the better the product? One can only assume.
What I do know is I am so pleased with the edits she's done. She told me I have the opposite of most writer's problem, I don't have enough description. I cut right to the story and tell it with not much fluff. 
What I noticed after reading one of the newsletters by LJPC - the tortoise I need to work on my characters voice. I see where she is helping me to round my characters out with more than just dialect and setting but to do things. Unknowing I gave my MC2 the ability to be a fantastic cook. She even baked a Dolly Madison Cake that was new at that time (era) She sews and works at NOT being what most consider a Hillbilly. We come to love her and see her problems long before she does. 
I am going back to my paranormal ms and working on giving that MC and MC2 better voices and connection to the readers. I've learned a lot in these newsletters.
 


© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/820165-Tuesday-events