*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/820323-Goals-resolutions-and-failed-attempts
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1995466
My blog written for Welcome To My Reality.
#820323 added June 20, 2014 at 12:03pm
Restrictions: None
Goals, resolutions and failed attempts
Week 26, prompt 7 - "Welcome To My Reality Forum - "It's been six months since you set your New Year's resolutions (if you set any). How are you progressing? Are you on track? What, if anything, do you need to do differently to achieve your goals for the year?"

I made some unofficial New Year’s resolutions back in December. They were to quit smoking and lose weight. Well, quitting smoking was a bust. I’ve tried and tried and can’t seem to get past the first couple of hours of not smoking without breaking down and running to the gas station to buy a pack. Losing weight took me some time, but I finally just started Weight Watchers on June 7th, and it’s been going great so far. In my first week I lost 7.4 pounds, which is roughly 3.3 kilos. I was ecstatic about that. I’m in my second week with my weigh-in date tomorrow morning. The meetings are Saturday mornings, so I have to get up early to go to them. I believe they’re at 8:00 if I remember correctly.

A new goal I set for myself is to write every day. I just set that goal on June 7th as well when I signed up for Give It 100! My Give It 100 goals are to do Weight Watchers every day and write something every day for 100 days, whether it be a review, a blog post, or work on a poem or short story. I’ve done great so far with that except that I took off Monday through Thursday of this week from writing because it was the week from hell as far as work is concerned, plus I went to my university’s transfer student orientation on Tuesday which took all day long, 8:00-4:30, so I couldn’t work much that day or get any writing done like I would’ve liked to. But I’m back at it now because I don’t have to work until Monday of next week. The days I have written, I’ve been working on various things; my blog, reviews, and haiku poems. A random free verse or form poem may be thrown in there, and I’ve written two short stories since the start of the I Write challenge, but I don’t write too much fiction. I feel like I’ll run out of ideas and that scares me, so I give them time to marinate when I come up with an idea. Poetry however is like an endless flow of ideas, a running river. I like that; at least that well never dries up. *Wink*

© Copyright 2014 April Desiree-I'm back! (UN: aprildesiree at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
April Desiree-I'm back! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/820323-Goals-resolutions-and-failed-attempts