*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/821243
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#821243 added June 30, 2014 at 11:44am
Restrictions: None
Inscribed Books
Welcome To My Reality Prompt: Do you ever inscribe books when you gift them? Do you have books with inscriptions in them? Do they make a gift more meaningful? Do they make a book more treasured? Or are they simply a form of graffiti, defacing the book and reducing the value?

The only books I have inscribed are the ones I wrote and published {which is only two} and my friends and family insisted that I inscribed them and autographed them. My one friend inscribed a Medieval novel that she gave me for Christmas one year. She is one of my best and close friends and she knows how I love Medieval stories. I won an autographed copy of a Scottish Romance that was inscribed by the author Melody Thomas herself. I have another book that is an Irish novel inscribed by the author that I met at Barnes and Nobles. Autographed copies of a book by the author make them more meaningful. I treasure them. My Alice In Wonderland Book was given to me by my Great Grandma and it says from Great Grandma inside the book.

When you inscribe a book to a friend, that makes them more meaningful. This friend took the time to buy you a book that you would like and then inscribed it for you. That is a treasure and valued book. Like people signing your yearbooks. I always treasured those. This helps me remember friends I had in high school and all the good times. Why would anyone think of inscribed books as graffiti? If someone wrote something mean and degrading, that would be graffiti and nothing you would treasure. A bible inscribed to a person is special. You would never call an inscribed Bible book graffiti.

I think books have more meaning to authors who appreciate what it takes to write a story. Non authors love a good book, too I am sure. Another thing about inscribed books is you remember where the book came from. You value and treasure things more the older you get.

Word Count 344 Words

** Image ID #1876509 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2014 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/821243