*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/821818-Introduction-and-Welcoming
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1999286
This is the blog for my book: Random entries, and advice and critique.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#821818 added July 6, 2014 at 10:50am
Restrictions: None
Introduction and Welcoming
Introduction and Welcoming





         A man once told me “No truth is as clear as glass, and no fact is as strong as steel.” Despite being rather smart, the meaning of the real message behind this seemingly obvious statement managed to elude me for the longest time. It was only after I had looked back on everything I had ever known, and reflected on everything I’d ever seen, that a single truth hit me in the face, and I was astounded that I could have lived a million years, only to be set straight by a mortal.





         The easy to understand statement that I took and discarded as a mere phrasing of relativism was this: Many false theories can be proven through a well-constructed argument, and many truths will never find the proof to be accepted. We all have separate opinions, yet we all seem to think ours is true. To make things even more complicated, our opinions affect the way we perceive the world around us. A person who believes in the good in people’s hearts will see the world as a happy place to live. Another who thinks people are corrupt and full of deceit and lies will see that same world as a pack of starving wolves, just ready to eat each other alive. But then, that same concept works in reverse as well.





         What I mean by this; the bottom and most basic philosophy behind relativism and many other theories, was that while our opinions affect the way we perceive things, the things that we perceive, or the events we encounter, will also have an impact on our opinions. Those modified opinions in turn show us how to handle the next batch of events we happen to meet. That is how people live life, how they grow and ‘learn’. This how I am different from you; I have learned different things through different experiences. That is also how you are different from your friends, how your friends are different from their own mothers. But more importantly- according some relativists, this means that there is no “right or “wrong” about anything; we’ve simply learned our own truths.





         So, each and every one of us goes through life holding onto their own treasured theories; theories fueled by our own personal interpretation of the human world. But, if we all believe in different things, what is the truth? By definition, the truth would appear to be what is right, correct, and real in all circumstances. There should be only one true answer to all questions. Yet at the same time we can all agree that every one of us would answer a single question differently, based on our own beliefs. Some would say the truth could only be spoken by one who knows everything, whether it be some super computer or perhaps even god, if you believe in that sort of thing.





         Yes, surely you might think god, the one who created it all, formed this reality and those truths which we try so desperately to find, would know what is true between all minds and experiences alike. Although I cannot speak for your god, I can say with much confidence that my god knows no more truth than I. He is but another soul, seeking his truth while bathing in a pool of useless information. So you see, based on my experiences I’d agree that the only real truth in life is that there is no real truth to any question. We can all find answers of our own, answers that work for our specific needs and carry us on our way to our own separate salvations.





         However, there is an extent. Remember, the man essentially implied that “no” truth is truthful, and “no” fact is to live by. To this, I disagreed absolutely. For example, would you say that it is debatable whether killing is wrong? Well, according to a rule of survival, we live and reproduce to better our species. If all humans killed each other, would that be illogical? Of course, we’d all be dead!





         Though I may have needed to take the theory to extremes to disprove it, there is more empirical evidence to suggest the contrary. . . But to be perfectly honest, I doubt you really care at this point. To be real, you probably picked up this book hoping for some excitement and escape from such nonsense, and I promise that all that will come VERY soon.





         As well, with time I will explain all this that I have suggested about this mans “deeper meanings.” Technically, these are the phrases that moved me to rewrite this book, and ultimately rewrite the history of my world for the better; to save it from the destruction I proposed.





         Yes, that’s probably a lot to understand as of the moment, but the information will come in a non-obvious moral dilemma that will more likely than not fly right over your head. Most likely, you’ll be interested in the epic sci-fy battle sequences, or perhaps the romance, or perhaps the geeky mythology, or maybe, if I do this correctly, the AWESOME characters.


         


         


         So, with my supposedly “near-infinite” wisdom, I can tell you a story; one from which you could infer the proofs of the theories I have discussed. It is a true story, as real as I am here. It is about life as it is, but also about how it could be. It is a story about learning, but also learning to forget. This is story of people in different land, with different rules, different morals, yet it is a story about the same people. I tell this to entertain, but also to teach. I tell this so you may learn to understand what you may, dismiss what you can’t. Ultimately I tell this so you can see a world unlike any you’ve ever dreamed of, and see it work just like yours.





         Where to begin, where to begin? Should I throw you into action you shall not comprehend, or perhaps I could explain a universe, and ruin the whole mystery of it all. The truth is that I want you to do a little work yourself; but don’t worry, it’s not real hard. I simply want you to dive headfirst into a world of Science, Gods, fantasy, and truths, to face the realities of my world with open eyes. As a newborn infant, totally unaware of the complex physics of its surroundings, I want you follow my lead, observe the people you encounter, and grow, little by little, into an intellectual person, able to read and infer some of the basic points on your own.





         My hope is that by the end of my tale you might be able to return home a more observant and less stubborn person. However, it would be straight out stupid for me to think the reason your reading this is to become an enlightened individual. You want an adventure, a story, and a memory to hold dear for the rest of your life. I pray I can tell this correctly, that you may feel the characters and the events as if you were there beside them. May you walk the road till the end, brave the terrors and thrills that block your way, and find happiness in the form of an epiphany. If you can do this, I will know I have accomplished my mission.





         So prepare yourself; I have a tale to tell. It is a story unlike any other, a story made for many reasons. I hope to display through these pages of truth meaning. And you shall be taken away from your chair, couch, bed, you shall see through my eyes, just this once. Just this once I will open my secrets upon you. Your world will know ours, a universe lost in time; one where people have their gods, their peace and unity. Yet here in utopia, people are people.






































         A mother and father may greet their child into the living world with the simple phrase, “Hello, we’re your mom and dad.” By doing so they do much more than give a warm welcome to a confused infant, they are actually giving the most basic and needed information to survive the domestic family life to follow. In a way very similar to this, I plan to open a gateway for you, a door you will not soon shut. Through it you shall feel the rays of sun warm your face, you will brace the air as the chilly wind gently caresses your body, and you will walk among the lush vegetation, as if for the first time. Your senses will be more acute, picking up on all the little nuances of the land around you. All as you look about you will feel at ease with the universe, as you are an innocent babe who has not yet done any harm, and therefore has no ill karma. Only when you are ready to move on, and leave behind your past and all the troubles that it envelops, I will come to you and say,





                   “Welcome my fellow conscience, to the flowing time of the Land of Man.”









© Copyright 2014 R.G.Weldon (UN: epicxryeduper at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
R.G.Weldon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/821818-Introduction-and-Welcoming