*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
6
8
9
11
12
13
15
17
18
19
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822303
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#822303 added July 11, 2014 at 12:13am
Restrictions: None
Proving Someone Wrong
Prompt: Have you ever been doubted by someone in a situation and proved them wrong?

A woman had fallen out of bed at my job. I was working alone back then. She claims she had fallen out of bed and got up on her own and made it back to bed. She was in a lot of pain. I couldn't get her up to walk to the BR. She screamed. Her leg didn't look injured but she it looked red. I called my Nursing Supervisor {I am on nights} and I said I think the woman's hip was broken. I got yelled at because her hip and leg weren't bruised and if it were broken, she wouldn't have been able to get back in bed. I was a moron. She didn't say it but I knew what she meant. The Nursing Supervisor was so mean. She was always this way. My relief QMA came in and we went down to see the woman and she screamed when we tried to get her up. My shift was over and I went home. I wished my relief luck. I came back to work that night and my boss was on the phone and wanted to talk to me. She apologized and said that I was right. It was my call. The woman had a broken hip. She would never doubt me again. I have learned a lot about Nursing in my 39 years in this business. I am not a RN but am a QMA and have a learned a lot by working the floor. Experience is a plus.

Girl and a white Tiger. Beautiful.

© Copyright 2014 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822303