*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822760-Day-135-Magazine-sales
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#822760 added July 16, 2014 at 1:32pm
Restrictions: None
Day 135 Magazine sales
What is your favorite magazine? Why? Do you read it on-line or off-line?

When the magazine sales people arrived at the door they always had some story why you needed to buy from them. Some kids were easily turned away. Most salesmen where trained and wouldn't take NO for an answer.  They continued to press their sob story, or tap your need to help the underdog. Most middle class people understand struggle. They know the need to better one's economic situation want to help the under dog. The Middle Class is tapped for that very reason.

The Poor have no money and wouldn't spend it unless its the Publishers Clearinghouse lottery where you buy magazines to enter the contest to win a million dollars. Even though they say you don't need to buy to enter.  The Rich have already bought their allotment of magazines and have no need to buy into the paper trail of recyclable literature.

I have on occasion subscribed to TASTE of HOME magazine with its recipes I hardly ever made but cut out and filled a recipe box full. I also bought the Pillsbury recipe booklets. In fact, I had a garage sale and now have them all put there to get rid of. FREE!  If you have any need for Christmas recipe booklets or such I probably have a bunch to ship to you.

I do get Reader's Digest. I don't know why. I think it was a gift. I do the WORD Power page. I'm usually at the top or just miss it by one. I like that. I like learning new words and I even throw them in my writing now and then.

I have bought for many months, off and on, Writers Digest and Every Writer or what my eyes see when I visit Barnes and Noble. There are others but since I don't go there as much as I used to, I don't buy as often or see what is published.





© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822760-Day-135-Magazine-sales