*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822984
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#822984 added July 18, 2014 at 11:24pm
Restrictions: None
Pride and Prejudice Or First Impressions?
I have read that Pride and Prejudice was originally named First Impressions. Elizabeth Bennet met Darcy. Her first impression? He was a snob. Mr. Darcy looked down on Elizabeth because he didn't think that she was handsome enough to dance with and he thought that she was common. You see a handsome man and he insults you, that wouldn't make a good impression. Darcy and Elizabeth fell in love with each other later on. Love changed Mr. Darcy.

We meet Elizabeth's mother. She was trying to pretend to be someone that she isn't. She had a nice house and did give the impression that she was rich. Her husband's cousin and Lady Catherine controlled their place in society. Mrs. Bennet favored Jane because she was the most beautiful of her daughters. She was rude and someone I wouldn't have a good impression of.

Charles Collins. What a joke. He was dull and not attractive and his brothers were strange as well. Poor Charlotte Lucas was plain and she needed a man to marry. Charles fit the bill.

Lydia loved military men and Mary was the smart one. Elizabeth was the sensible one and pretty. Kitty followed in her other sisters' shadows. Mr. Bennet just wanted to read. He had a nagging wife and she never kept still.

Lady Catherine was a snob and she seemed like she wanted Annie to be sick so that her daughter would be dependent on her .Georgiana was shy and quiet but Darcy seemed to shelter her.

Caroline Bingley wanted Darcy for his money and wanted to brag that she had a handsome husband and she lived to gossip about others. Her brother Charles was nice and kind and did what ever Darcy and his sister told him to do.

After all this, I can understand the novel's original title being First Impressions. I love the story either way.

** Image ID #1858658 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2014 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822984