*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/823021-Youll-Never-Catch-Me
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1994181
This collection contains writings for the I Write - 2014 Challenges and the miscellaneous
#823021 added July 19, 2014 at 2:17pm
Restrictions: None
You'll Never Catch Me
A letter arrived that morning. It had no return address; just my name scrawled in rough across the envelope's outer surface. I held in up to the light, hoping by some miracle the contents would reveal something, but there seemed to be nothing. So I carefully slipped my index finger under the flap and broke the seal. Peering in, a sheet of paper resided within and I pulled in out; opening it only after I had set the envelop aside.

"You'll never catch me" were the words scrawled diagonally across the surface of the flat white of the page.

"What the hell." I muttered, as I flipped the sheet over looking for something more, but there was nothing.

"What is is, honey?" my wife asked leaning into the hallway.

"Some crackerjack just dumped off a letter with some mumbo jumbo on it." I said crumpling the page and tossing it into the closest waste basket.

"What did it say?"

"You'll never catch me"

"Who dear?"

I shrugged.

She chuckled. When I gave her a quizzical look, she said, "Well, I guess you never will." And with that, she went back to her dishes.

Word Count = 193.






** Image ID #1988708 Unavailable ** ** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/823021-Youll-Never-Catch-Me