*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/823756-This-ones-about-Mondays-Sunday-Resonance
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1939270
A third attempt at this blogging business.
#823756 added July 28, 2014 at 4:36pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about Monday's Sunday Resonance.
30DBC PROMPT (Sunday): "Choose any blog entry from your fellow bloggers here in WDC or outside that you think resonates. Share with us one of your own blog posts that you think stands out this week."

There were some pretty good prompts this week that elicited excellent entries from the "30-Day Bloggers Group. Sometimes I like a topical prompt that exposes the differences in opinion between all of the entrants...a lot of times we all have virtually the same opinion on certain subjects because of who we are as writers. We're wired much the same and tend to see things similarly through our critical lenses...it's not often that occasionally a sentence or two can come along and lead to responses all over the spectrum.

I really dug the "Music Monday" approach to this week's prompts...Lyn's a sly fox dialed up a dandy about songs that tell stories, and included a Gordon Lightfoot classic as an example. It's fun for me as a fan of music (all kinds, except country) to see how diverse our tastes are. Charlie ~ didn't disappoint with "Invalid Entry...I love stories with personal/emotional attachments to certain songs. It humanizes us in a way that isn't easily explained any other way, and I would never have pegged Charlie as one for bustin' out that tune.

I also liked the Tuesday prompt, "Why are athletes on drugs worse than writers on drugs? Athletes that use performance enhancing drugs are condemned while artists who do the same thing are not. Why is that? Does this double standard make sense?" If anything, the responses reiterated my point that often we all as bloggers tend to think alike, or at least have some common ground. Noyoki 's entry, "Invalid Entry, nailed what we all were getting at...there's no way to measure a drug's influence on our writing like it's measurable by hard statistics in sports, and the kind of drug(s) used are different anyway. There's no real sense of competition...no rankings for us non-novel warriors who bang out some blog entries; there isn't a league of poets squaring off on Monday nights for the entertainment of the masses.

As for me? Y'all know my horn-blower is broken when it comes down to naming a favorite entry of mine. Every day I'll write and post, and then read what others have said, and I'll feel like kicking myself for approaching a topic at a different angle when someone else gets dead-on in their viewpoints. But if I had to pick one, I'd go with "This one's about weddings....I got to tackle three prompts on the same subject, and I was able to include bits and pieces from my own life as well to add relevancy to the topic. I said it before...humanizing the blogging experience. It's a fun and eye-opening exercise, and it helps when you're not exactly ashamed of what you've done. That's a glimpse into my life that you might not have gotten otherwise (and yes, I tucked a picture into the comments section of that entry for good measure). I feel like that entry really personified the spirit behind "Who Do I Think I Am?? and "Who do I still think I am??...I'm still trying to figure it all out while reconciling today with my past. It's almost my way of saying you can't be mad at me for doing dumb shit when I was younger, because we've all been there and now I'm trying to make sense of everything, as convoluted as it can be sometimes.

I'm just grateful that people still read this stuff, and think as highly of it as they do. The day it stops resonating with anyone will be a day I've forgotten about what it's like to live. Or something. *Heart*


© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/823756-This-ones-about-Mondays-Sunday-Resonance