*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824126
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#824126 added August 1, 2014 at 3:17pm
Restrictions: None
Ernest Hemingway Quote
Prompt: This about Ernest Hemingway. He was born 115 years ago. Pick one of his quotes and write about it. Lyn called him Papa.

THERE IS NO FRIEND AS LOYAL AS A BOOK. Wow. I had to think about this one. You put a book on a shelf and it won't run away. It will be there when you want it unless it falls off the shelf, your cat knocks it down, someone swipes it or a wind {awful twister! Oh No!} blows it away. Otherwise it will be there for you. It doesn't have anywhere to go or a job to go to or other things to do like a friend does. It won't two face you, steal your boyfriend, break a lunch date or forget to call you. You go to it and the book is there for you. We had a house fire years ago and my books survived. They were water downed and somewhat burnt but they are still intact and my friends. The words of your favorite characters can comfort you and your characters are your friends {the ones you read about or made up} and seem loyal. AS a writer, you appreciate books more, rather you wrote them or someone else did. A book can be loyal. They are our escape and just important to you like a loyal friend. I agree with Ernest Hemingway. I haven't been a fan of his but after reading his quotes, I have respect for him. Thank you Ernest.

** Image ID #777468 Unavailable **
** Image ID #840037 Unavailable **


© Copyright 2014 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824126