*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824759-Bad-week
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#824759 added August 8, 2014 at 1:50pm
Restrictions: None
Bad week
What do you do when you’re feeling like crap, and every attempt you make to fix the issue just makes it worse?

For most of the week I’ve been dealing with hyper-sensitivity on several levels. All the little hairs on my skin have been flailing around in the air, making me itchy. Two different fans that I’ve attempted to use at night while sleeping have made warbling noises, making sleep without pharmaceutical intervention next to impossible. Which stresses me out because I’m afraid the more I use them the more likely they are to stop working.


My children apparently need engraved invitations to clean up any messes they have made.

My attempt at whimsy on Facebook yesterday blew up in my face.

I was feeling SO anxious after picking Monkey up from school yesterday, when the FB nightmare occurred, Goldilocks and her brat of a friend were pissing me off (including residual piss-offedness from the previous evening), Monkey was clamoring to use my phone (he plays on Bob’s phone all the time, but he knows better than to ask me . . . if I had any say in the matter he wouldn’t be playing on Bob’s, either). So I took half a happy pill, and ended up falling asleep for over an hour. Which, of course, meant I could not sleep last night without further pharmaceutical intervention.

This morning I woke up to find the giant air mattress, half deflated, flopped in the middle of the family room, and the sheets, blanket, and pillow in a wadded up ball on the laundry room floor. Monkey hadn’t brought his lunchbox and water bottle into the kitchen as I had asked yesterday, so I was stuck waiting for that before I could make his lunch.

I asked Goldilocks to take the pillow out of the pillowcase, fold and put away the comforter, and put the sheets in the laundry basket. I found the folded up comforter and sheets stuffed in a clean laundry basket, and the pillow sitting on top of another pile of crap she has yet to remove from the laundry room.

*deep breath*

I’m not having an easy time being cheerful this morning.

© Copyright 2014 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824759-Bad-week